Revolution is no more.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by McBradders, Apr 27, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I agree with flamepanther. They have never shown signs of struggle. In an extremely competitive market, even in third place, they are still doing fine. You can't say that for any other competitor in that position in video game history.

Nintendo's systems are cheaper to produce, and they take a very minimal loss on them, compared to Sony's and Microsofts aproach of taking a $100 + loss on each unit to make it up in game sales. In fact the year prior to the ds release, Nintendo made a $325 million dollar profit.

Yep, sounds like they are ready to fold to me :lol 

Now, compare that to what I found about the xbox
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20987

2. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

At this point, Nintendo doesn't seem to care about what place they happen to be in, as long as they stay profitable. And their conservative financial strategy seems to have paid off, so far. Whatever happens with Wii, they won't be bleeding money out their anus like MS or (especially) Sony, who are basically trying to launch a new game console and a new HD format (Blu-Ray) at the same time, price and consequences be damned.

It's too early to predict who will win or lose, but Nintendo's offering is the only one remotely interesting to me, because it's the only one offering something different, that could be potentially fun -- and at a decent price point. I don't plan on getting a 360 until it's cheaper used, AND I'm flush with cash (which won't be anytime soon); same thing for PS3.

That said, software sells hardware. If there are NO killer apps on ANY of the new consoles, I won't be buying ANY of them -- and I won't be sad about it either.

-XCN-

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Har har! :wink: 
    I sorta feel the same way, except that the promise of Metroid Prime 3 practically has me sold already, as does the fourth major Rayman game. Then again, I'm sure there are PS and XBX fans who would say the same thing about Metal Gear and Halo.

4. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

You know, thinking about this name, it really isn't any worse then any other piece of technology. Bluetooth comes to mind as a really stupid name as well. I am just going to pronounce it as they would in Germany (w's are a v sound), so no problems there.