Revoltech Valkyries - which ones to get....

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razorclaw, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

My brother expressed his desire to get ahold of a Revoltech Valkyrie figure, and has been looking at the non-transformable ones. I, on the other hand, am trying to convince him to go for the transformable Valkyries, as I think they are more appropriate.

Can someone tell which figures are worth a purchase, how do they compare to each other (transformation notwithstanding)?

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Maybe this thread would get more answers in the revoltech thread, but I'd advice against the transformable ones just because they are so fiddly, unless being able to transform it is a huge factor for you, the non transforming ones looks really cool just posing them and they come with the fast pack and all that which the transforming ones doesn't.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I havent heard much good about the transforming ones.

4. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Let me illustrate how bad it was... I bought one, and promptly sold it :lol 

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Sold what? A transformable one?

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as I can tell, all the non-transforming ones are the same quality wise. Just depends which model he likes better. Some come with armor so that might factor in.

I agree about the transforming ones. Skip them. I got one at a toy show to try out. Transformed it once & then put back in the box to store. Crap quality.

7. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    Yeah, the transformable Focker :lol 

Not that it's crap quality, but the revoltech joints they used are just too small and gets loose very quickly, not tight and clicky like the big revoltech joints

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm normally not critical of my collection or any toys I purchase but my advice is avoid it like the plague - its extremely floppy and the wings in jet mode are simply attached via tabs.

9. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Quoted For Truth to all the above comments.

I almost wanted to get one recently & a kind brother from this forum, decided to lend me his transformable Revoltech Valk to test & play around with it first.

Suffice to say...after less than a day of fiddlin' with it, I just can't wait to return it back to it's rightful owner (just in case if I broke it by accident!!). :thumbdown 

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yeah depends how you feel about transforming. I have both a Roy and Hikaru. My Roy is great (must have been really lucky) but my Hikaru is the floppiest toy I own. I don't own any of the non-transforming ones but they come with the armour so seems like a fair trade off if you ask me.