Revoltech Valkyrie VF-1S

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by destrongerlupus, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Anyone else get one of these yet?

I can do a pictorial review later if there's interest, but I am filled with deeply mixed feelings after making this purchase.

I loved the TF Revoltechs, I felt the quality was great and the design-work was beautiful, and so when the VF-1S went up for order I figured he'd make a great Jetfire. I even had high-hopes of Reprolabels doing a conversion-kit or something.

He does perform as advertised, he transforms into all three modes, the only parts forming is on his hands (and if you're OK with tiny little stump hands, he doesn't even NEED to parts form), they worked in the gun-clip in a really elegant way, and over all the piece LOOKS great.

BUT, he's sort of a floppy mess. Which is the opposite of what I've come to expect from Revoltech. The wings fall off if you look at them, the shoulders have no tension, and the QC on the actual revoltech joints is very hit-or-miss. I actually had to replace his elbow joints because one was so bad it had zero ratcheting. Luckily I had a bag of the same size, so I swapped them (I did both because my spares are black, and the original ones were white. I suspect the white-plastic might be the issue, different tolerances and all..).

Getting the head attached was a PITA too, because the neck joint moves without provocation and the post is a TIGHT fit, I screwed up one of the head-vulcans while trying to jam the head on :/

Arrrgh, he looks pretty cool now that he's in robot mode and posed on his stand, but I can't imagine I'll be playing with him again any time soon :/

D/L

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

:useless 

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I posted this over in the Revoltech thread, but in case you're interested:

(No, I haven't started the Jetfire-ing process just yet, sadly.)

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.