revoltech ultra magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by alternators09, Feb 4, 2007.

1. alternators09

alternators09 Well-Known Member

hi

what i am about to say may not apply to other people.
    i am just sharing something about ultra magnus arm and feet
    he is not so flexible like some other revoltech toys

be carefull when you try to do some cool position
    i am so freaking mad right now, i just bought him and now he has a broken feet (but i fixed him) and loose part!!!

the hand were really hard to take off, be patient!!!

the gun is a bit heavy which make his hand rotate a lot

same thing apply to optimus prime
    he cool, but i expected more

feel free to shared your opinion

i would have to give it a B-

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i just got Optimus Prime...
    he's just about the same as what you're saying about Ultra Magnus..

3. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I got my Ultra Magnus about a week ago, and I have had zero issues with him. I replaced as many black joints with white ones as i was able. but I found that if you loosen the joints (by pulling them apart baybe mm, they go into possition alot easyer. And the weapon on mine stayes where I put it with no issue as well. Study the possition you want to place him in and if he will not go into that possition easy make a few little adjustments.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I got him today. Pretty solid toy. Wonderful colors and detail.

I have some of the same complaints as alternators09...

His right arm seems a bit on the loose side (gun wants to droop). Without the gun in his hand it's just a little loose compared to the left arm.

I had a tough time with the hand removal, definitely don't pop out like the THS-02. It helped me to take this whole forearm off. Then I was pulling apart the hand from the forearm and the not from the whole figure.

Really nice that the gun is 2 pieces at the handle. I thought I had broke it.

Haven't really posed him a lot yet, but he's pretty cool. Just having problems with his feet allowing him to actually stand by himself. Just a little trick (just like all toy feet).

Wish he came with the Matrix. Guess I will have to get Optimus so they can hold hands and share the Matrix.

Also left the black joints in. Kinda breaks him up. Reminds me a little of a Stormtrooper.

Overall I'd give him .... A-

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Ehh..he's awesome, don't get me wrong, but those damn fists are so hard to take off...and because of that, the arm on mine came off at the shoulder. Annnnd, I'm gonna guess it's not supposed to come out, because it doesn't snap back in.

Can't move the toy around too much or else the arm will fall off...so I push it in as best I can, pose him, and hope that it doesn't fall off. :( 

6. Wallas

Wallas The Polish Toy Guy

News Credits:
    Some pictures of UM

Hope you don't mind I throw my three cents to the topic of this toy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall a very nice toy for an early Revoltech. The arms could have had more mobility in the shoulders, but it's early sample of blocky mecha by Chief Yamaguchi... surprisingly, Pat Lee's version of G1 guys work oddly well for Revoltech. Sadly this was made on a borrowed sample, so I need to yet reconnect with the toy myself.