Revoltech Sci Fi Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by froggy124, Oct 4, 2012.

1. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I would just like to ask the people who own this figure,
    "Do you regret buying it?"

I am currently on the fence about the new Revotech Jetwing Prime and would like to here some opinions before purchasing him.
    I have read and viewed reviews on the normal revoltech Sci Fi Prime from members of this board, but I am still indecissive.

I do not own any revoltechs, and do not mind if he cant transform. The only thing that is holding me back is the size (how he looks in scale with other figures) and if he is worth it, bang for buck I guess.

Thanks for reading.

2. snoopcow

snoopcow Yaranaika?

looks great in pics, sucks to pose without him falling flat on the face,

the new jetwing fixes that with a display stand

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I have one shipping to me now and have a big case of buyer's remorse. I'm probably gonna sell it when it arrives.
    I have a big collection of Eva Revoltechs and in the end they are not the best figures. Revoltech has MANY flaws that are never properly dealt with. They are really nowhere near the quality of similar brands such as Figma.

4. froggy124

News Credits:
    MANY flaws?
    Loose joints you mean? Please share...

5. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I really like Revoltech Prime. I have the 1st version, the only thing I want from the Jetwing one is the axe. Maybe somebody will trade me their axe for some of the extra guns I don't use.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're not perfect but what figure is? I personally love the TF Revoltech line (really wish they continued making the G1 style characters), and have two of the DOTM Rev OPs (for double the guns/swords; one OP I keep at home opposite a custom painted DOTM Deluxe Starscream who scales perfectly with OP, the second OP I keep at work opposite Walmart DOTM Deluxe OP in alt mode who also scales nicely). I ordered the Jetwing version and plan to give him some crazy ass (double) guns, and give the sword/axe to my other Rev OPs.

And you can get OP to stand more solidly if you swap out the (mid-size) ankle joints with (large-size) gun-handle joints. Problem solved. The poseability after this very simple fix is great.

Figma figs are decent (I have their Robocop fig) but they're not perfect either, and come with their own set of issues.

7. froggy124

News Credits:
    Was starting to worry that there was nothing positive about this figure.

Do you mess around with him a lot? Play value I mean.

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Loose joints, easily breakable just by parts swapping even carefully, Revojoints are weak, inferior stands, lack of proper storage for accessories, generally not nearly as well detailed or made as Figma...

Really, the list goes on. And this is not from lack of experience; I have at least 1 of every Eva from Evangelion plus Megatron, Starscream, Magnus and all the Gurren Lagann robots. ALL of them pale in comparison to my Figma. Revoltechs are just not that great and due to it, I'm probably selling my Revoltech Prime, because he was a instantly regretted impulse buy.