Revoltech Rodimus.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rodentus prime, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't spot another review of this so...

Rodimus is my first Revoltech - I bought him to be the hot rod in my Tf display. When opening the packaging I just have to say - I love the lack of twisty ties.
    I like his two guns and the fact that they fit properly into his hands, the articulation in general is very good, especially the arms but his feet don't seem to have as much movement as I expected.
    I thought that part of the back fin was removable to make it a smaller, hot rod stye fin, but it isn't.
    As other people have said the hands can be a bit of a bugger to switch as they're very tight. On the whole I'm pleased with him and he'll fit in well with my collection.

[​IMG]

The stand is great for those John Woo poses.
    [​IMG]

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, yeah man. This is the only Hot Rod figure I own. It seem there is not much love for non-transforming Transformers. I really like these revoltechs. I like the posses I get with them that you just can't do with any other. I got MP PRIME and SS, but they way these things look are great! No twisties, brilliant!

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I normally don't go for non TFing transformers, but I wasn't too keen on classics rodimus and I needed a hot rod to go with my Titanium rodimus prime.
    I hope we get some other characters from the 86 movie - an Arcee,Springer or Blurr would make awesome revoltechs.

4. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome, I need that figure now!

5. [soundwave]

[soundwave] Communications

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Really nice figure. His articulation is a notch above the previously released Transformer Revoltechs. Only grip I have which was already stated is the really tight fists.

6. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

hm who do you think is better megatron or hot rod because i am thinking about picking up prime and some other one but i cant decide which one

7. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I'd like to say Megatron (as he's the better, more iconic character), I'd actually say Hot Rod. Nice accessories, and really bright colours. He seems easier to pose than Megatron too, for some reason. He can pull off poses that would just look wierd if they were done with Megatron.

8. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The feet have a good range of movement - you can adjust the joints to your liking after removing the feet. They're easy to place back on the joints.

Revoltech figures are addictive.

9. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Is it a bad idea to want to paint Revoltech joints to match the rest of the figure? Looking good. I have Megs, SS, Hot Rod, and Prime.

11. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    ZOMBIE!!

Just got this guy in the mail and he's amazing. Great poseable little version of Rodimus's robot mode.

I was a little dissapointed with his height but now that he's in hand I have no issues with his size. So yea he's great, gallery soon.

12. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I got this guy a couple weeks ago too, and I was both really surprised with how small he is, and how totally fun he is. I kept fiddling with him for a couple of hours, and right now he's proudly displayed on my desk at work. I'll definitely be getting the rest of them, and probably the Reprolabels set at some point.

13. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might get one of these but I'm still mulling over my first hotrod figure though.

with the animated and a possible Masterpiece I'd like to have a transforming version.

14. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I picked one up from my local import store about a year back - it was indeed very nice although I felt it was a bit keen to fall apart for me to play with it much.

I've since donated his guns to Alternators Hot Rod.