Minor/Repaint: Revoltech Prime, Seekers, and Roddy

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by robvega214, Apr 29, 2008.

1. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

Did a few repaints.....
    i didnt like the purple'ish metallic color on prime, so took my airbrush and went to work.
    threw the parts in some thinner for a few min, just to remove the factory clear coat...
    i used Testor model master acrylic for prime
    mixed up a batch of dark blue.....for feet, legs, crotch, hands and his head
    threw in a lil chrome silver for the vents on his shins....
    sprayed some clear coat into a bottle n airbrushed it on
    me likes =)

On Megs i sprayed some metallic red on his waist.......it was well needed..

Good ole Seekers....
    with these i used Testor enamels, i liked the metallic colors they had available ..
    Thundercracker = metallic flake blue, gun metal, and chrome silver
    Skywarp = metallic flake purple...had to mix this till i got the right grape color.
    chrome silver, and gloss black.

i accidently left the parts in thinner over nite, i fell asleep....everything was soft.....the wings got a lil Warped on the edges and tips......the glued parts came off easy tho...
    i had a lil trouble paintin on the multicolored lines on the wings.......maskin them off was tricky...i did alot of touchin up by hand ..so they look kinda Meh.
    i still gotta put the decepticon decals on the wings...
    i clear coated the figures...but the paint seems to scrape off a lil where parts touch when movin ...so im a lil careful when it comes to posin them.....
    i'll most likely do another set..but in acrylic. Enamels tend to be a lil messy n dryin time is bleh....plus they are hell on my airbrush

Hot Rod, i DIDNT like his red boots and his silver accents...same as with his fists.....also his blasters looked a lil flat n stale and his wing looked bleh.
    1st thing i did was throw his boot-legs into thinner...to get all the red off.
    then mixed up some grey...close to the animated movie. airbrused it on.
    mixed up some silver for the hands....
    took some pliers n yanked off the blasters off the forearms. Took my robot hero Hot Rod and a exacto knife and did some surgery. Got me a new set of arm blasters....they fit perfect
    Hacked off the lame wing, my next victim was a Heroes of Cybertron Rodimus Prime. His wing was too small..but his Gun fit perfect. I ordered a Mega SCF Hot Rodimus...he's about an inch bigger...and his wing looked perfect...plus he comes with a hand Saw. He has the orange n yellow wrists, i would like to add those to the revoltech.........hmmm i wonder about the shoulders....
    Now i only await the mail man

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Good job on these. I like the silver on prime and the seekers are pretty spot on. Are you gonna be bummed if they release them in the main line? Not sure if Revoltech will do it but they did do the Magnus one.

3. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

nah i wont be bummed if Revo decides to do repaints of them. I had fun doin them. And besides if they do, im sure i'll mess with them n do some minor repaint mods.
    Ah yes, im waitin for the Magnus to be Re-released....anytime now.
    Oh n thanx =)

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice job on those seekers.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you had no problem with thinner? I used a different prep solvent when I painted mine. Did it make the plastic soft for a long time?

Looks cool by the way.

6. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

thanx Redline.
    encline....i did have a problem with the thinner...but thats only because i left the parts in it over nite. They got pretty soft, but after a cool 30 minutes the parts hardened back to normal.
    Other than that, i dip them for about 5 minutes, then whipe with a cloth. I do the step again to remove any excess paint...
    i tried with 99% alcohol ...but my fingers wore out due to all the rubbin.
    and thanx man
    =)