Revoltech Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tusko, May 1, 2008.

1. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I bought the Revoltech Megatron yesterday.
    Awesome toy. Classics action master as far as I'm concerned.

Why aren't these being released in North America?

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    some stores will import them (though they have to import them seperatley than the other revoltechs imported but diamond comics i believe), but they cant be released because of licensing conflicts. hasbro owns in US action figure rights, but these are made by kaiyodo, who have a license for these in japan.

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I think its a shame that 3 inch titanium figures, the Hero's of Cybertron line and the Robot Repicas are all quite pricey while these are available.

The quality is much higher although I understand they are not for the <5 year-old crowd and would have poor marketability.

Still it perpetuates that there is a cheaping out in North America on this franchise. Does Hasbro need more risk takers?

4. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

I dont think Hasbro are cheaping out, rather they are taking to market what they think will make them the highest profit. Hasbro's main target market has always been kids, Takara are the same although they have often skewed older with lines such as Binaltech and Masterpeice, Kayoido on the other hand have always made high end figures/statues for the adult collectors market. It's just a question of target markets and licencing.

Yours AK

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Revoltech's are not made by or have anything to do with Hasbro or Takara/Tomy aside from the source characters used. These are designed, produced, and manufactured by a Japanese company called Kaiyodo which in it's Revoltech line creates there own unique line bot's and characters from other franchises. Since it is a Japanese company these are made more or less exclusively for the Japanese market therefore these toys have to be imported.

6. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

the hastings book and video store where i live has revoltech megatron, optimus prime and ultra magnus for around $22 bucks

7. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I was just about to post this. All of the hastings in my city keep Revos in stock. I've bought several there. I even found an EVA04 on sale for $11.

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Yep,that little fella rocks, but be careful when exchanging the hands, the joint can broke very easily.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Hastings in my area has them too, but I've never seen prime or magnus... just Megs

10. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Revoltech Megs rocks; Magnus is cool too, even as "just" a white Prime repaint.

Prime/Convoy actually looks better "in the flesh" than he did in any of the photos I saw online, or even on the box. Mate of mine at work has one on his desk, it's really very cool... worth hunting out if you're into the other TF Revoltechs, IMO

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I skipped White Prime, but really like OPs. Megs, Screamer and yes even Hot Rodimus. :lol 

12. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

i got all 5 and think they are awesome! cant wait to see what they bring out next...hopefully grimlock and maybe ironhide or sideswipe, and defo soundwave..he would look awesome as a revoltech figure