Minor/Repaint: Revoltech Jetfire and Robot Replica Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by project9, May 9, 2008.

1. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Here's my forte into the world of the Radicons. I have a few things I'd like to attempt in regards to mods and scratchbuilds but I figure it's best to start off simple.

I bought one RR Prime and started to paint it then noticed that it didn't have the revoltech-type joints. I then bought the Wal-mart battle damage 2pk as that Prime had them, so that's why there's two.
    To me, they looked very half-ass and unfinished the way Hasbro made him and Bumblebee with all that gray, unpainted plastic. So I covered that up. All I really did was paint the top of the cab with a mixture of blues to kinda match the stock color. Oh, and I painted the smokestacks silver. Then I went to work on the back and torso/crotch.
    I started with Model Masters Gunmetal as a base and dry brushed Steel on top of that. Simple but effective. Bumblebee isn't done yet, as he has a ton more gray and I'm also priming and redoing all the yellow/gold too. I'll finish him eventually.

Next up is Revoltech Jetfire. It started with one VF-1S Valkyrie figure. I started one with a brush but I could not get good coverage no matter what I tried. So I gave up and borrowed an airbrush from a coworker/friend. Since the VF-1S comes with one booster and one gun for the jetpack, I figured it be cool to have a pair of each so I bought another one to start over with.

I used some Model Masters Gray Primer and Guards Red, did some masking and went to town. Airbrushing this guy worked extremely well and it was very easy (first time ever using one). You can see the original version of him here and see the stock paint apps. I still need to clean up a little on some edges and overspray but it's pretty much done. I accidentally mixed up the legs and painted them opposite than what I wanted. I wanted the stripe on the outside (which would be covered by the armor when he wears it) and the inside white. I was planning on replicating the G1 markings but decided against it for now.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it. Next on my plate is finishing that Bumblebee and making Revoltech Skywarp. =) Let me know thoughts or critiques and thanks for looking!

Here are 3 more Prime pics that I couldn't attach:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Not to keen on the Prime, but that Robotech is impressive!! Nice!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    That jetfire is too sweet.

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

I agree that the fig isn't that great. All I did was give it better paint coverage/application.

Check out the pics here by revlimiter and you can see all the light gray plastic on the top of the cab, torso and waist. I just made that suck less. =)

5. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice Jetfire, the armor/weapons are sweet.

6. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    .... OH MY GOD... YOU ARE KILLING ME

because...

.... I AM DOING THE SAME THING RIGHT /NOW/.

Damn. You have totally beaten me to the Revoltech Jetfire concept. You bastard!!!!!

XD

Just kidding. Very nice work, man. I'm eager to get mine completed and see how they compare to one another. :) 

- Alty

7. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Technically, rampagesss beat us both here with his last month. and I was inspired to do it from this I found on google, which was done some time last year: http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top12/log181.htm

I tried to match the G1 toy the most I could but to each his own. I can't wait to see how yours comes out!

8. rampageSSS

rampageSSS All Hail Rampage

News Credits:
    And i have just completed my Revoltech Skywarp :)  And am slowly working on Thundercracker, Ramjet and Dirge

Also project9 You should paint that blue part on his left leg red to match the other side, but looks nice the different armor also look good on him

9. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Yeah, that's one of a couple little touchups I need to do. I want to paint those triangles on his shoulders too, since I didn't use the other valkyrie model that came red. That might be real hard to pull off.

And I'll be making my Skywarp soon, as well. haha =)

10. rampageSSS

rampageSSS All Hail Rampage

News Credits: