Revoltech EVA-00 and EVA-01 Capsule and Gallery

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Scantron, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently got into the Evangelion anime, and wanting some action figure representations of the main robots (rather than all the weird Rei/Asuka loli merchandise that seems to have spun out of NGE), picked up these RevolTech versions of Units 00 and 01 from BBTS a few days ago and have been very impressed with them, to the point of ordering EVA-02 and putting down a preorder on Revoltech Optimus Prime. In the “Highs and Lows” thread, I received a request for a gallery of these toys, so I decided to start a new thread with pictures and capsule review:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

General Info

- Composition – Both units are constructed of PVC, akin to the Heroes of Cybertron line.
    - Dimensions – Approximately six inches tall from head to toe (excluding 01’s shoulderpads and ‘horn’).
    - Articulation – The main ‘gimmick’ of RevolTech is the use of multiple joints that consist of a 180 degree pivot flanked on each side by a 360 degree swivel. Both units have these joints in the ankles, knees, abdomen, neck, shoulders, elbows and wrists. These joints allow the figures to be set in damn near any pose one could think of, gravity permitting. While the ankle guards restrict the ankle joints a little, they help brace the feet and keep the figures from tipping over. The hips are not RevolTech joints, but rather consist of a pivot with 180 degree range of motion and an upper thigh swivel that can rotate up to 360 degrees depending on the position of the leg. It would have been nice to see RevolTech joints on the hips as well, to further increase the poseability, but the stability might have suffered as these are the main weight-bearing joints. Unit 00’s neck can also tilt down 60 degrees and 01’s neck can tilt 30 degrees. Unit 01’s shoulderpads can be adjusted independently of the arms and, according to the instructions, can also be removed.
    - Hands – Each figure comes with a set of interchangeable hands, shown for Unit 00 in the pictures below. The hands are difficult to attach and detach; typically the wrist joint will come off with the hand and needs to be removed and reattached to the arm. However, the hands stay connected well during manipulation of the figure and will not come off with the weight of any weapons. The hands that are designed to hold weapons are the same shape for both figures and weapons can be exchanged between Unit 00 and Unit 01.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    - Umbilical Cables – Both figures come with ‘power cables’ that connect to the toy’s back, as seen in the Evangelion anime. The umbilical cables have a flexible wire beneath their plastic exterior, allowing them to be posed and remain in position; the cables are sturdy enough that they can be used to brace the figure in certain stances. Unfortunately, the cables end abruptly and don’t have any type of accessory on the end opposite the connector that links to the figure.

2. Scantron

News Credits:
    Unit 00 – Accessories

- Weapons – Unit 00 comes with a standard rifle, large shield and the JSSDF positron cannon (the latter two items used in battle with the fifth Angel in the anime). These weapons can be held in the ‘open’ fist and used in a variety of different poses. The shield and cannon are both heavy and can cause the shoulder and elbow joints to sag if held in certain positions without support.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Scantron

News Credits:
    Unit 01 - Accessories

- Interchangeable Heads – Unit 01 comes with the typical ‘closed mouth’ helmet and the ‘opened mouth, berserker mode’ helmet seen in the anime. The heads can be swapped off in the same manner as the hands.
    [​IMG]

- Weapons – Unit 01 comes with a handgun, rifle, progressive knife (used repeatedly in the anime) and a large sword. As with Unit 00, all weapons can be held stably in the open fists. Although the sword is big, it is also light and won’t drag down the arm joints in most positions.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wow, that's really f'in cool. I've got a preorder in on ops, if he's anything like these, I'll be super happy!

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice one Scantron.

Been eyeballing these myself as I too have recently reacquainted myself with all that is Eva :D , though I dont like unit zero's original colors. I myself will probably pass on these, despite being cool and relatively cheap, I'll probably be waiting on Bandai's Soul of Chogokin unit 04.

Awesome stuff though, good review as always :thumb 

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Revoltech is a line I have been watching. I feel like I am very close to going buckwild on it.

7. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of my Revoltech Evas and SOC Evas as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the SDCC exclusive Glow in the Dark Revoltech Eva Unit 01
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

ARGH! I want that damn SOC unit 02! But it costs so damn much now!:banghead: 
    Here's hoping Bandai rereleases this one as well.

The sculpts and articulation looks awesome on the Revoltechs. Buuut... the plastic looks, well cheap. Kinda like the red parts on the Getter Robo. I wish they had more of a solid look to them. I'll stick with the Soul of Chogokins.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, those looks pretty good. Kinda tempting... I'll definitely get the Prime, but I didn't like NGE enough to make me go ape over the EVAs. Although, looking at the pre-orders at BBTS... the 03 black and 00 blue EVAs look pretty hot. And the red 03 too. Maybe...

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nice pics & write up Scanton.

All I have is the red one. Eva 2 I think
    [​IMG]

Need to get #1 and one of the Revoltech versions

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Fer real fer real, my Revoltech Evas kick the crap out of any Transformer I've bought this year, and there've been some damn good TFs out this year. They are pure PVC perfection. They do EVERYTHING! It's truly unbeliveable. They even make the other Revoltechs seem like statues in comparison.

Pairing them up with the SOCs is even better. SOCs got the looks, Revoltech's got the moves. Perfect together.

Not to mention that Eva 01 and 00 are two of the most bad-ass robot designs ever (even if they're not robots at all). If you haven't seen Evangelion yet don't read that previous remark.

Now if Kaiyodo would come out with the white End of Evangelion production Evas and winged prodution evas in their Revoltech line, I could die a happy man.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got all the EVAs released to date (note to self, photoshoot those!). Revoltech is a great line, and the EVAs are very nicely done. The line as a whole works since it's a decent size, the figures are big enough to have all that poseability but still be affordable.

13. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Thanks Scantron! Those are pretty cool toys.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got back from my import shops/toy speciality shops and it seems that this line seems to be "flooding" the market.

The sculpt and articulation of this line is superb but I'm passing over them as I think the scale is kind of small. I would prefer if it was 6 - 7 inches tall like ML scale.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ive only got the 1st revoltech. am glad am not into EVAs. phew. coz they look too damn cool to pass up on.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think if anyone is interested in EVAs, the ones from the Soul of Chogokins are the perfect ones.

17. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

wow those look like really good figures, might have to get some if i find any for good prices. They look like they can be placed in alot of kool poses

18. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

In 2 weeks I'll be ordering 4 of them. After getting Revoltech Dante, Eva00 - Eva03 will be mine!