Revoltech Convoy Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ARTIMUS ONE, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ARTIMUS ONE

ARTIMUS ONE Investigations Dept.

Kaiyodo's Revoltech figures have now thrown their hat into the world of the Transformers by releasing none other than the most known robot in the world in Optimus Prime. For those of you who do not know what Revoltech is, it is a system of joints that use a revolving motion at any angle which allows one to pose their figure using multiple points of articulation. Some of the figures in this line contain more Revoltech Joints than others but Prime contains about 10 Revoltech Joints.

[​IMG]

The Design

There is no doubt about it that Revoltech used Pat Lee’s comic book designs for this figure. Many people write Pat Lee’s Prime off as being too bulky, having fish tank windows, or too marshmallow but I tend to think the opposite. I enjoyed reading the early Dreamwave Comics. It had been years since then that I had seen G1 done in any other style since the 80s but when I saw the Autobot’s Cover to the first comic series from Dreamwave it blew me away. Kaiyodo's Revoltech Prime is very detailed. Everything from the Autobot symbols on Prime’s shoulders to the detailed line panels on Prime is authentically shown and detailed the same way Pat Lee drew it.

[​IMG]

The Convoy Himself

Pose ability is the name of the game here and Revoltech certainly does not disappoint. Just about any action pose you could ever think of could be done with Revoltech. Anything from holding the gun, to holding the Matrix, to an open stance you name it. If you can think of the pose then Revoltech will do the rest. It can be a bit tricky to get that right pose you desire for you convoy but once you get it, you will love it. I recommend taking a picture of it just for keep sakes, it will be well worth it.

[​IMG]

Prime stands about 5 and half inches tall. He is made from PVC and hard plastic and is very durable. The only downside to the figure is the neck, I just think that it’s a bit too much but it can be easily over looked because it can be moved. It also depeds on how well you pose it and what angle you are looking at it from; please see the pictures for refence. Many fans want the thing to transform, I prefer to see the robot mode but that’s just me. Besides, there have been and always will be a countless amount of Convoys made that will have both an alt mode and robot mode. Just the ability to have this figure be able to do all sorts of poses is worth the price without the alt mode involved. Its no so bad, besides its a huge step up from the stiff Heroes of Cybertron. Also many people who are fans of the Transformers already know what Prime’s Alt mode looks like anyway. If you don’t by now then I suggest you get some help because you may be suffering from Transformers depravation.

Closing Comment and Grade

This is truly a great figure to have and by the looks of the up and coming Megatron figure it’s only going to get better. I just hope along with the rest of the figures that Revoltech does that they would continue to produce more Transformers in the line. I certainly would not mind seeing Galvatron, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Jetfire, even Devastator or Shockwave just to name some for myself. However, if they are going to continue doing more Transformers, then I would suggest to Kaiyodo that they switch over to Don Figueroa’s Transformer designs. Don’s G1 Transformers are much more detailed and the look better. I am just putting that out there you know. For the meantime I will enjoy this figure and I cannot wait for Megatron. The figure is great but because of the neck, I am going to give it an A-

Around the Horn,
    ARTIMUS ONE

2. ARTIMUS ONE

ARTIMUS ONE Investigations Dept.

Has some one already posted a review on this? Just asking thats all.

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I looked and I didn't see one... so I read yours. Good review. I posted one for Ultra Magnus (basically the same) and I hope it helps people.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Don't worry man, it's good. Great review of a great little Convoy.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    too bad eHobby is only selling them to Japan :cry 

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Huh? :sly: 

Well you can also buy him pretty much anywere, going rate on this guy is only about $25.

7. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Got him today and I wasn't able to stop fiddling with him for ten minutes before reaching for him to find a new pose. And I can see how a few people could break it, the revolver joints keep turning around and I had to keep looking to make sure it was the right way before moving anything.

I wasn't able to get that air-kick pose, though.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The revolver joints are very resilient, out of 24 Revoltechs I've only had one of them break on me so far and it actually came broken, fortunately said figure also came with some replacement Revolver joints so I swapped the damaged one out and then used the spares to improve the arms on my EVAs.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my first revoltech, so I wasn't sure exactly how the joints worked at first. I put a lot of pressure on the joints only to find out it was twisted the wrong way- but fortuntately they do seem really resiliant and don't appear to be experiencing damage or wear. Anyways, I have a great time posing him, and I think he's definitely worth the price. One warning though- I have him at work, and he really likes to push buttons. He seems to keep making me go to TFW2005 and I can't stop him!

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I wasn;t going to get thi sinitially, but after seeing the Revoltech Megs pictures, I figgured I'd need his playmate to go along with it;) 

Overall it's a pretty solid little figure...the hands are pretty hard to pull out of the sockets, but I won;t be doing it very often so it's not like thats a big deal to me...I do wish it was just a tad bigger, but another small complaint. Glad i got it now, but I have to stand by megatron...it just looks evil and badass:ev: 

11. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    My Revoltech Prime forced me to buy a Revoltech Revy for him to "hang out with." And then the two of them forced me to preorder Revol Megs. *sigh*

The only complaint I have about Prime is how cool he is. I could NOT restrain myself from ordering another Revoltech fig, just to see if they were all this cool. I love them. I play with them more than my Classics.

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

just got prime today he is pretty cool! LIke him a lot...only complaint is that his right arm is a little loose and doesn't hold that huge gun up all the time.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, me too. we prolly got lemons :( 

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Just got him yesterday, and mine also has a gimpy right arm.

He's not that bad, but I feel he's pretty lacking compared to most of the other Revoltechs. its a real shame to see so many people buying him and not some of the better Revoltech figures (Giant Robo, Ingram, etc).

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what i up with right arm? mines loose at the upper arm joint (not shoulder), i stuck in some blue tack.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

That is where mine is loose as well. Also the arm doesn't line up with it'self at the elbow joint, it is slightly off.