Revisiting the Loop: DOTM Chicago 2 year anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey dudes Jimmy here, well it was 2 years ago to the day, July 10th, 2010, that Michael Bay and Paramount began filming Transformers: Dark of the Moon with the very first day of shooting by taking over the Chicago financial district on Lasalle Street. With getting to the loop well before 7am and staying down there pretty much all weekend I managed to capture and provide you guys with some amazing shots, Prime, Bee, and the very first shots of the Wreckers. The experience was amazing, but it would not stop there, filming continued in and around Chicago well into September and I got to hang out on set for the next month. With witnessing everything going on and having my mom cast in the film the experience was amazing.

I thought I would bring this up to set if you guys have any experiences on set, not just for TF3 but any TF film, good memories, photos, by all means share and we can recall memories of a lifetime;) 

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Wow, what part did she play? Did she get blown up?

3. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

I was an extra for Sam's/Epps' arrival in Chicago, when they're driving the blue Chevelle. You can actually see me running past them in the close-up shots where Sam is looking over his shoulder in the car. Heh.

It was an amazing experience, the Autobots drove past me about 4 feet away several times. Mindblowingly awesome. The Wreckers are incredibly detailed and realistic up close. A whole lot of people bust their humps to make these movies look as good as they do, pretty staggering.

4. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    LOL:D  Well not quite. The part my mom is in is Sams apartment scene with the parents tour bus. In the film its supposed to be an alley in D.C. but is actually an alley off of Michigan Ave right here in Chicago. Right after Sentinel escapes with the pillars Sam runs home looking for Carly, when he comes back out you see an exterior shot of the alley, the lady pulling the cart down the center of the alley is her. It was pretty cool. She filmed a couple other scenes as well but they got cut. When Sam, Simmons, and Dutch go to that Russian bar the exterior is actually Navy Pier, the scene was supposed to be longer outside with my mom being a waitress walking past the Maybach but it got cut. The other was the alley scene with the parents was supposed to be longer as well and she was supposed to do a little more, but what was good was that she still made it into the film;) 

5. megatron prime1

megatron prime1 Well-Known Member

can u put up a pic of it and point yourself out

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    according to him, his mom was not part of the final battle, she was in other scenes filmed in chciago, alot of the scenes taking palce in washington were fiilmed in chicago

7. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    8O Dude no way, I love that scene. That is one of my favorites being right up the busway near the Art Institute, if I can recall the filming of that scene was pretty intense.....they needed alot of extras for that shot!

8. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Youre not far off, well done;) 

9. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

http://hq55.com/sh/trans3/trans3-superheroscreencaps.com-11424.jpg

Big pic from Superhero Screencaps, but that's me just moving into view behind Sam, blue-gray shirt, sleeves rolled up. Took me forever to even realize that was me. *derp*

And yeah, tons of extras, long day but fun.

10. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    I remember watching footage of the base jumpers and Chicago river explosions at night on YouTube.

Start: oh hey, nothing much, just a burning boat.
    Baysplosions start: WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT HE STARTING A WAR OR SOMETHING?!?

11. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

http://hq55.com/sh/trans3/trans3-superheroscreencaps.com-8675.jpg

It's page 87 of their screencaps, enjoy.

12. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

I was close to the the bumblebee drift in chicago but not seen

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's cool your mom is in the movie.

14. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Dude that is AWESOME! Kinda similar to a film I did(thats another story;) ...), where was the extras holding area for that day, you guys must have needed somewhere huge, I doubt it was the post office...did they bus all you guys there?????

Dude AWESOME! Yup thats her;) 

15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I wish i lived in chicago to experience that. I remember the first thing i saw on TF3 was shia talking about how this movie was going to be dark and there was going to be alot of "human death". When i finally saw what they were filming in chicago on youtube i thought "damn, no kidding." It never occured to me what would actually happen with chicago. I thought all the wreckage came from battling all day with innocent civilians getting killed/crushed/blown up in the process. When i saw the super bowl spot and saw that ALL of chicago was destroyed with alien ships hovering over it, my mouth dropped.

16. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah man I hear yah, within about the span of a week I knew that there was going to be more happening than what I was just seeing, every weekend that they closed off a few blocks each time it looked like a war zone. I thought to myself the whole city couldn't look like this???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could it??!!!!
    I even found out alot of scenes that they were going to film, such as throwing cars off of Marina towers and having the reflection of the burning city in the Millennium Park Bean, but ended up not going through with it. It seems like after that one extra got injured on the highway any other plans that they had in Chicago stopped, so they dropped everything and went to another city.....

I still have a very hard time watching the highway chase sequence.....

17. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I wish they could have gone with that scene! The invasion did feel like it needed to be longer, after all

18. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah man I hear yah. When I heard that they were going to throw cars off Marina Tower that scene would have been something to see.....the Millennium Park Bean scene I heard was going to be something like Sam looking in the Bean and seeing the burning city in the reflection....