Revisiting my RiD collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all this talk about RiD the last few days I decided to play around with my RiD collection.

I must say, that RiD must have been the most unique and diverse collection of toys. Sure there are some repaints from past lines, but RiD added character to it. Scourge and Sky-Byte is a good examples. The gimmicks to the toys really didn't hinder anything. A lot of the toys was in scale. You can place the Autobot brothers in Ultra Magnus's car carrier alt mode.

But one thing that put's a smile in my face is watching my son play with Scourge and going pew, pew, pew with it's plethora of weapons. This shows that the toyline still stands up to todays standards. :) 

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    RiD was certainly unique. The car brothers transformations were really good and very different from anything I had seen before. Same thing with Skybite, like you said. Also love Railracer and all three of the bots that form him.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The mold from Scourge (Laser Optimus) pre-dates RID by 5 years. In my eyes it was the beginning of modern TF Articulation.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Quite often I'll rotate a lot of my RID figures out of storage and put back on display for a while. If I had the room I'd keep them out all the time. Some of the figures are just brilliant, even compared to stuff we get today.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

RiD was a geat and very diverse line. RiD Optimus Prime is among my all time favorite TFs.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

LOVE RID!! Prime is one of my all time favorites. Seriously, Awesome toys.

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    RiD was the line that got me into Transformers. I loved it. It was different, unique, and the characters were fun. Also, you could get the entire main cast of characters fairly easily, instead of chasing them down, making it more of a fun experience than it is today. I still grumble at the distribution of red Rampage, Animated Rodimus, and many other TFs. Sadly, that was before I started keeping all of my pieces, etc, together, so I need to buy a LOT of new accessories.

8. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nahh, just leave em out, like this:

[​IMG]
    Tony_Bacala's Album: RID Collection 2011 - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

:) 

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Rid is the only line I would ever consider to pick up again. I might just do that one day as the misb and mosc items arent that expensiv.

Who's the smartes shark in town..sky-byte , sky-skybyte..thats me !!!!!!!!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I love Scourge to death, I wish i had Skybyte and Gigatron,

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Awesome ... just awesome ...

Where did you get those DVDs?!

12. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Must be somethin in the air, I just put my RID Prime on the shelf with his armor on, about to put Sideburn out. Cybertron Override is posted up next to Prime.

Dude I havent looked at this guy for a long time. This thing is sweet, and it always was. I almost made a thread yesterday for Best Prime Toy. This would have been my vote. Playability, durabiltiy, badass-lookin poses for days, etc. I just wish his legs had been more blue.

I lost my Ultra Magnus, Ive got Scourge no trailer. I can see why your son loves it, that figure has a mind of its own, I was about 20 when it came out, that was the last era of me playin around with buddies, we would throw em in a pile, pick teams, an basically play robot chess, it was good times. But yea, that Scourge would tear shit up in them battles!

I liked Wedge's figure alot too. He would swing his extended shovels in Bot mode and crack fools in the jaw. Sideburn I liked to curl in a ball behind his shield while blasting away .

Great Line.

13. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    I really wish I picked up more of RID back when it came out but I was too young to understand collecting anything, much less taking good care of the toys themselves.

RID is probably the only toyline I would really want a complete collection of, barring the Beast Machine's toys and possibly the Spychangers. Brave Max is gonna be a b*tch to get complete for a good price for me.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I love the RiD toys too. The Car brothers are better than most of the current deluxes released in recent years, and Rail Racer, IMO, is the best combiner ever released. Optimus is great too and Scourge set a standard for 'nemesis' repaints. Honestly I even think the repaints were really well done as well :lol 

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love RiD. My third favorite TF cartoon.

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've really come to enjoy RiD/Car Robots and the toys released under that line. From Sky-Byte to Scourge, to Magnus and Rail Racer, an awesome and diverse bunch. I have a bunch of the exclusives and they're among my favorites. Oddly, it's one of the only lines (Alternators being the other) that I don't have a "normal" version of that line's Optimus Prime figure. I imagine I might pick it up down the road though.

17. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing about RiD is that it has one of my most cherished TF. My Japanese TRU exclusive God Fire Convoy. My other grail that I'm searching for is the Black version.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, the God Fire Convoy gift set is all kinds of awesome. Hell I'd buy a second to display the two solo if it wasn't so expensive (and somewhat uncommon now). Good luck getting the Black version...just the Black Fire Convoy alone looks awesome, let alone a Black God Magnus, but I think there were only 10 or so made of the latter, unless I'm mistaken.

19. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RID was what got me back into TF's and really started collecting. I remember seeing the
    cartoon one Saturday morning and then seeing UM & OP in wallyworld, and that
    was it. Plus, 2 words Brave Max! I got him for about $150 bucks from an online store. I called them for weeks waiting for it to arrive... I keep mine out all the time on the top shelf.
    They were so great because you got beast wars articulation with vehicle alt modes. Good stuff!

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, people are anticipating their classics Sideburn from the club.