Revisiting District 9

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by addison81, Sep 2, 2011.

1. addison81

addison81 Member

yeah imagine a toyline for this....the Mech-Suit complete with throwable pig haha

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Definately one of my favourite sci-fi films, due to it's originality and the charming characters. I also loved the unique designs for the aliens and their language. However i'd rather he didn't do a sequel because the first was just so original, I can't really see what he'd do in the sequel that would maintain the originality( I really, REALLY don't want the aliens to attack mankind), but then again, i'd love to be proved wrong.
    Tbh, what I really want from Blomkamp is for him to do the Halo film that he was originally going to do before it fell apart....that'd be fantastic

3. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

"Three years. I promise."

There are worlds in that line.

And yes, I can see them coming back and meaning business, but also remember, Christopher Johnson and CJ will also be telling their people that some humans are good and more than good. That one human risked everything for them.

That should hopefully ameliorate some of the gibbing you know the prawns will want to do.

- Coeloptera

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I loved it. For a relatively low budget film, effects and acting were top notch. Story was fantastic. Not my favorite sci-fi film, but very close.

And I have a limit on the amount of "fuck"s in a movie. This movie rode a fine line with that limit, mainly because they added nothing. When SLJ used a lot of "fuck"s in Pulp Fiction, it was okay because you expect it from him. But this movie didn't need 'em.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Chris and his kid will almost certainly act as the voice of reason among a probable bloodthirsty mob. But man, after seeing what the prawns had to endure, I really want to see the shoe on the other foot and have them fuck shit up.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    You're surprised how well it held up? Why wouldn't it? That was only 2009. Is there anything that was a good movie then, but in 2011 all of a sudden isn't?

Generally speaking you have to wait a decade at the very least, before you can start on about how a movie has stood the test of time.

in all fairness, for fucks sake, given the fucking grotesque state of his mutating metamorphosis, it's entirely fucking understandable that he was freaked the fuck out. Fucked-up situations like that are what the word is there for.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    On the second viewing, I actually counted all the "fuck"s. There were 154, I think, which averages out to be like two "fuck"s per minute. Overkill.