REVIEW - Reign of Starscream #2 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ShawtyGee, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ShawtyGee

ShawtyGee Well-Known Member

Got mine in the mail yesterday.

Overall: 7 out of 10

The concept is that he plans to rebuild a new Allspark with the information that the humans gather from it that Frenzy downloaded. He wants to rebuild it on Cybertron and then comeback and conquer Earth.

He encounters a few new characters, Landmine who is some prototype transformers that freezes up while transformers.

Arcee - is on Mars with a few other Movie toys characters or repaints.
    She is the leader of the group
    Cliffjumper- who I think it is looks like bumblebee without his earthmode has a redish yellowish color.
    Cosmos - spots Starscream as he reapproaches Mars.
    Thundercracker - is the only Decepticon worth listing He is Starscream
    second in command on Mars. Repaint of Protform SS
    Wreckage-Who the humans study as well and comeup with the Landmine prototype.

This issue to me is more of advertisement for the Cybertron repaints and movie toys characters who were not see or on screen. As far as the story goes I am enjoying it.

Non-Transformers Comment
    and one last thing does any one on here Brawl online. Me and my homeboy have been trying to find some Smash Bros. to brawl with online. PM me if interested

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    it was ok, the whole use of the word Seeker over and over made me cringe. whoever coined the term Seeker should be dragged out into the street and shot.

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    moving to comic booooooks

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hardtop is totally worth mentioning, I love how Milne converted his humany face into a more movie style helmet. Looks like Arcee's group consists of Cliffjumper, Air Raid, Camshaft and one other bot I can't identify (in the far right on the group shot in bot modes that Cosmos is talking to, and on the far left in vehicle mode by Arcee's arm in the very last panel).

Also, that's totally how I picture Protoform Thundercracker, loving this comic, hope they delve into Wreckage just a bit more though too.
    DN

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I beleive "Seeker" was the Japanese term for the Decepticon jets in their version of G1. Not sure though.

As for this issue, not quite as cool as the first one, but still a good read. Movie Starscream is very badass. I am annoyed that the cover I got showed him fighting Landmine, but in the actual story, Landmine didn't even finish transforming. :( 

6. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee and the gang are on the moon, that happened in TFUK :p 

7. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I liked how the Sector 7 dude just 'popped' inside of Starscream's cockpit as he headed into space. Starscream's interaction with Thundercracker was pretty good, he seems much more competent than G1 Starscream, yet he still demands to be called 'Lord' which is a total G1 SS thing to say.

I agree with the fact that the 'Seeker' name dropping was lame the second time. Once is a nice touch, but don't over do it.

Looking forward for some action in the next issue.

8. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I thought it was pretty good overall. Fun romp that shows us what Starscream was up to near the end of the 07 Film and beyond.

9. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

What was not to like about this issue? I thought it was great.

It's fun to have this sorta "what if" look into the Transformers movie-verse. Starscream is well written here, I like his personality. G1 Starscream had this sorta mutual respect for humans and the movie version seems to show this same respect.

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. No complaints here. The only thing I can complain about is that issue #3 can't get here soon enough.

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's good to see that TC isn't a straight up repaint of SS, he has more firepower :D 
    I like how Starscream referred to them both as Seekers

11. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

You also forgot Camshaft. Look in the panal where Starscream tells Hardtop, basically, get outta there. You see Cliffjumper and Arcee, and you can see what seems to be Camshaft behind them.

Cosmos? Really? I missed him completely.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    This comic is FANTASTIC. Assuming it doesn't have an abrupt/disappointing ending, this'll be my fav IDW mini yet. I love all the threads the writer's dangling in front of our faces (Wreckage! Landmine prototype?) , and Starscream is written amazingly well. Can't WAIT for the next ish.

13. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Seeker term origin a la Teletraan-I

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    could somebody please elaborate on who Cosmos is. (I know the G1 character but Iwas unaware there was anyone in the movie universe with this name.)

15. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I don't think he's an official character yet, but the Autobot that notices Starscream exiting Earth's orbit in this issue looks a lot like G1 Cosmos.

16. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Actually read that a couple days ago. Very intesresting. Though I could swear I read it was the Japanese name somewhere...It was many a year ago, when I was still new to the inter-web.