Review of IDW’s Transformers - BEAST WARS: The Gathering #4 (with Spoiler Space)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Outtsyder, May 10, 2006.

1. Outtsyder

Outtsyder Well-Known Member

I just got around to taking another look. Gads, I almost choked on swallowing my tongue when I saw that. A pair of literal Easter eggs.

This is the first time I've ever seen a bad pun rendered in pictorial form. :D 

Outtsyder

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Just read it and loved it. I can't wait for the trade to come out though, I love tpbs! I though the "easter eggs" were a nice touch,Don.:D  I can't wait for more beast wars books and maybe a little beast machines(if done right!) I just can't believe grimlock got so easily defeated.

3. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Great way to end the series!:)  Most memorable line to me was Torca's: "Maximals, let's bash some heads!":D 

4. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Great mini-series. I can't wait until the future installments come out so they can flesh out more of the characters.

By the way, did Scarem ever show up? I think I may have seen him in the issue but it might have been Razorclaw.

5. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Ha ha!! Grimlock cracked me up!

"Stupid Predacons. Me Grimlock king of beasts!"

This has been a good mini-series. It's as much about introducing characters as it has been about telling the story, but considering that we've never seen most of them in comic form before, and considering that Don's art is so good, it's not a problem.

Razorbeast is a good character, isn't he? Smart enough to know he can't survive on his own, but resourceful enough to take out Magmatron twice, even though he's clearly outmatched physically. Similarly, Magmatron isn't a ranting megalomaniac, but is actually pretty calculating and competent.

I'm glad we'll be seeing a second mini-series. I enjoyed this one.

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Awesome series that's more than made up for how lackluster i've found 'Infiltration' ~ can't wait for more. Bring on Stormbringer!!!