Review of G2 Strafe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Philister, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pictures, click on the image above

Remarks: Strafe is a repaint of Space Case (or rather they're repaints of each other as they came out the same year), so look there for the full review. Just some words on the differences here. Instead of the mostly white paintjob (complete with dish towel pattern) Space Case sported, Strafe has a jungle cameo pattern, mostly green with brown spots. I'm not sure what the point is of giving a jet a camouflage pattern that's only useful of the ground, but the colors look good and are nicely accented by the blue robot limbs Strafe sports in robot mode. Apart from that no changes were made.

It's not quite clear whether G2 Strafe is meant to be the same character as the G1 Technobot. The bio certainly hints at it, seeing as it's pretty much identical with that of the G1 figure. This leaves the questions why G2 Strafe is wearing Decepticon symbols on his wings (visible above his shoulders in robot mode), which was explained in the Japanese G2 Manga. Here Strafe was NOT the G1 Technobot in a new body, but rather a former Decepticon (Destron) who switched sides. So you can pretty much take your own pick which origin story you like best. Personally I'm going with the Japanese version, seeing as it fits better into the G2 comic story by Marvel, but that's just me.

Whatever origin story you give him, though, Strafe is an excellent figure. The Cyberjets were pretty much the pioneers of ball joints and brought in posability as a major factor for Transformers figures, paving the way for the excellent Beast Wars designs to come. Strafe is my fourth Cyberjet and I do plan to collect all six. He's not the best of the bunch, but they're all well worth getting.

Rating: B+

2. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea a very nice fig, i got him and hooligan complete shipped off ebay for just under $8

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found myself a Strafe a few months back; I really can't recommend him enough.

[​IMG]

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow. Talk about memories. I remember getting Strafe and Jetfire in the early nineties from KBToys. I loved both of the figures, but Strafe won me over with his wing design. I wish we had more figures like this in Bayverse style to have more Autobot jets.

5. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I had all 3 of the cyberjet molds back in the day. Unfortunately the stealth bomber looking one broke and I only still have Strafe and Hooligan. Strafe is missing his eye plastic from when I took him to school to play with at recess, but Hooligan is complete except for maybe a missile. They're both still great figures.

6. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I got the Robot Masters repaint I think

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I have a KO of Strafe/Space Case... really a great toy, I'd like to get a real one, since the KO I have has KO-quality plastic, but an even worse offense... two right shoulders! Argh. Well, what do ya expect from a $5 two pack? ;)