Review & Gallery of Alt Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jan 28, 2006.

1. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    I'd really like to see a pic of his gun. I hope it's not the same as Sideswipe/DeadEnd/Sunstreakers. That would be a predictable cost saving measure. Let's hope they put more effort into his gun than they did into his transformation. Quick, somebody start working on a swivel replacement joint for that solid grill piece, please.

2. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was gonna get this guy, but now i dunno :thumbdown 

3. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime's gun can be seen in the following pics (Transmutate is holding it in a couple of them). It looks like it's got a slightly more complicated transformation than other Alt/BT weapons.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d75/binalternator/new_toys/alternators/optimus_prime/?action=view&current=optimus_prime_05.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/d75/binalternator/new_toys/alternators/optimus_prime/?action=view&current=optimus_prime_04.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/d75/binalternator/new_toys/alternators/optimus_prime/?action=view&current=optimus_prime_03.jpg

The untransformed or rather mistransformed gun can be seen here.
    http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=8367485A-D56F-E112-437E728764001CA0

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't consider it a 'great' Alternator, but looks to me like it'll probably be a bit more 'fun' than most Alts due to its relative simplicity. Its why Prowl is a fave Alt of mine. The overall look comes off to me like a dramaticlly updated version of the G2 Gobot/Spychanger pickup mold, which is bad in some ways, good in others. As I've said in other threads, I think this one's beauty may well come more from the handling than the looking. That said, I still think this mold is begging for a Trailbreaker or Hoist remold.

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    That is one jalopy(sp) of a design. I hope those pics are mistransformed...

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Rev_Pee_Kitty

Rev_Pee_Kitty Order Malkavian-Dobbsian

No one's asked the obvious question yet...

How easy will he be to kitbash back into Ironhide?

Seems like that would greatly improve on this mold. He was originally supposed to be Ironhide and G1 Ironhide can get away with looking a little funky. I'm thinking the easiest way to start it will be to paint Skids' head red and slap it on Prime -- does anyone know if they attach to the body in similar ways? If so, then all it'll take is a little bit of paint and/or dye and we are rocking....

8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    wow.
    I can't believe i'm more excited to pick up Rollbar than Optimus Prime.

this mold is just so dull and unispired in all the ways that Mirage isn't.

9. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The more I look at it the more it looks like Armada Prime, with the shoulders and the standing up truck side profile. If only Hasbro gave us 2 dirt bike Alts named Sparkplug and Overrun (or leader 1 and leader 1) for the truck bed.

10. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

I personally wouldn't want ironhide as a pickup truck. It's a perfect fit for trailbreaker or even a silver Motormaster with slightly purple tinted windows.

11. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I think he meant to post this link:

http://www.allspark.com/content/images/reviews/Bainreese/Alternator%20Optimus%20Prime/OP%20Alt%20Under.JPG

But, for Prime to be a shellformer, the legs would have to NOT be the truck bed itself.

But oh god...the more I look at this figure, the more of a mess it looks like to me (massive chest, weird/small arms, massively badly proportioned legs). It looks like an honest to goodness kitbash...if it WERE, it'd be outstanding. But for a toy from a company that's given us figures like Meister, Grimlock, Prowl, etc? Unacceptable.

12. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't posted in this thread yet so here goes...

Thank GOD I wasn't gonna buy Prime anyway. In fact, after all my "this should be Trailbreaker, dammit" comments I'm now hoping that Trailbreaker comes along with his own, much better, mold.

The vehicle mode is faultless as always but the robot mode sucks beyond belief! Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he was a couple of cm taller, that'd make him look less stocky and squat and, as mentioned, less like a truck just standing on end.

A really dissapointing figure... Maybe the end of BT is for the best if this is a sign of things to come (though bring on Mirage first.... but maybe make him a little more G1 in the head mold).

Steve.

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Alt Prime doesn't look that bad. I really do hope the "Poor gas mileage" quote is a joke.