Review DVD Noisemaze

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Pravus Prime, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I actually got these a few days ago, but I've moved into my own home, so I haven't had a chance to go online.

As usual, I don't have pics (I really, really need to get a digital Camera) though there are a few out there anyway.

Review for the lazy: Fantastic figure, but pricey and rare.

Let's start with the box, he's in a special window box, that's actually very collector friendly, you can open the figure without mangling the box, and put him back with ease. The DVD is a seperate piece from the box, and the two are shrinkwrapped together.

Noisemaze himself is essentially the same figure as the regular Takara version, though his joints are far tighter, no worries about the hips, and his cockpit is rather stiff to. Basically, he's a color swap. What was orange is now dark metallic green, what was green is now red, what was black is now dark gray, and what was silver is now white. The translucent red areas on his faceplate, chest insignia, and weapon are now translucent blue. Unfortunately his Force Chip is Sideways. Not blue like the rest, so it's somewhat out of place. (And I say Sideways, because it's got the Force Chip code on the back, something Noisemaze didn't come with.)

As for the figure, if you've got Noisemaze or Sideways, you know this mold. He doesn't have the chrome wings like Noisemaze does, but it doesn't really detract from him at all. In fact, this coloration really brings out a lot of the details that are almost hidden on the regular version, all the little etchings and lines that you couldn't really see before that the gray brings out.

What I like about him (Besides [I'll admit it] the rarity), is that he's got almost a completely different vibe to him. Where as Sideways/Noisemaze seemed demonic, like a blazing force, MP Noisemaze seems more like the cool thinker, and precise fighter, far more dangerous. There's also something that seems more leaderlike about him.

If you can afford him, and you like the mold, I would suggest you don't hesistate and pick him up. Despite the price, I think this is the best buy I've made in a long time, for how pleased I am with the purchase.

Since I haven't unpacked much, MP Noisemaze has the rare honor of being the only Transformer on my Entertainment Center at the moment.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Mp?

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That confused me for a moment, too. Masterpiece Noisemaze? The heck?

Then I realized he meant "Mass Produced", the grey and white DVD exclusive.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this should probably just be titled DVD Noisemaze cause MP will make anyone think "masterpiece"

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, that threw me as well. But then again, Noisemaze is already pretty close to perfect in my mind!
    Thanks for the review, Pravus. I'll look into getting one of these, because I most certainly love the mold! Arguably the best of the many deluxe TFs released in Cybertron, and he's got some stiff competition.

6. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where can you still get him, because I have been looking online for a few weeks now.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I didn't check, but he might still be available on Amazon.co.jp. Even though their toy section disappears when you switch to the English version of the site (and I don't mean Amazon.com either), DVD-exclusive packs like Mass Production Type Noisemaze, Minerva Type Chromia, and Red Excellion are still available, and they do ship overseas.