Review: Dissappointed with the Movie? Read the Book! *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brooticus, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'll take fairly straightforward and basic writing style with the random chance of sparkly Optimus over Foster any day of the week.

2. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

I'm glad you posted this, that does explain why Megatron would be serving somebody else. They should have at least alluded to that in the movie. Still not sure WHEN he decided to serve somebody else, though...

He left cybertron thousands of years ago to get the allspark for him self, crash landed and froze on Earth. Was thawed out and had a battle in the city - was ultimately "destroyed" there and dropped in the ocean. Gets put back together 2 years later and immediately goes to talk to The Fallen. That struck me as odd.

Does it explain when his servitude to The Fallen began?

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Before the started the war on Cybertron. Which is pretty lame since they never referred to this before ROTF and its comics/books came out.

4. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Agreed. That's what I was afraid of. I didn't even think about it while I was watching, but afterward I started thinking about it and I thought "wait a minute..."
    :confused: 

I mean how hard would it have been to add a couple more lines from Scappel or one of the constructicons saying that The Fallen was waiting to speak to Megatron, then have The Fallen bring it up right then and there on the Nemesis? Plot hole solved.

5. JB1323

JB1323 Member

I read the book before seeing the movie, because I couldn't wait any longer when it came out. The story helped so much, because of the way some things are cut in the film, knowing the plot helped me make sense of it, and explain it to my wife.

I liked the ending, it gave a little more finality, and that some things were more fleshed out. It helps the overall story.

6. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see these translated onto live-action....maybe Michael Bay can pull a George Lucas and make lots of Special Editions like babys....

Jolt should've never been in the movie, he is currently the most pointless BayFormer of all time...