Minor/Repaint: Reverse Evolution Stealth Bumblebee -WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Methusalen, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    So, I missed out on the early WIP images, but I'm at a point where I'm looking for a little feedback... I disassembled the G1 (Keychain) Bumblebee and painted up the car parts with Black Krylon Fusion, and the robot mode legs & arms w/ thier Hammered Silver spray paint...

I actually attempted to put him back together a few times, as I had placed the legs AND arms in backwards or upside-down... When I finally had him back together, I grabbed a leftover Autobot Insignia off a Reprolabel sheet. It's a bit large for him, so I might reuse the original insignia that I saved (by placing it onto my bic lighter, lol!)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm using the "Stealth Bumblebee" name since that's what I first thought of when I saw him in black (with the yellow head). I liked how the rear window turned out (w/ the black-to-silver fade), as it reminded me a little bit of the 'Premium Barricade' windows. I considered painting the head as well, but after seeing it on the black & silver body; I kind of like it!
    -Plus I'm a gutless coward and couldn't remove the head from the plate it's glued to...

As much as I like the simple paint job, I'm looking to see what others think. Should I leave him as-is, or should I consider adding some yellow detailing to him? -Maybe a yellow stripe or two on the car mode?

Attached Files:

2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    awesome-ness!

3. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    That looks nice. You might wanna resize the pics, though. :) 

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good, and i would leave it as is for now

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Nice!

6. Methusalen

News Credits:
    Alright, that's been done! The photos have been already been attached, but I've resized the photos on my Photobucket account and am linking to those (smaller) pictures. I don't think I'm breaking any Radicons etiquette by doing so, but thought I'd comment upon it. -If something *were* to happen to those images (broken links, etc), then at least they're still available here (albeit just quite a bit larger than those currently being linked to).

Thanks for the feedback thus far, as always I appreciate every bit of constructive feedback!

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty neat looking little fellah. Not sure about adding a yellow stripe though....maybe add some details like painting the car lights (headlights/tailights) will be enough to give you're looking for?

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    leave it as it is!

9. Methusalen

News Credits:
    I think this might be the way to go... Taking a peek at the Customs Galleries, all 3 of the Bumblebee repaints have had their headlights & taillights painted. I think a little dab of paint on those should just about do it!

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah, just detail the lights and such. For robot mode, I'd take the time to paint the hands, since you're painting the whole thing like this. :)