Revenge of the Spoony: the SpoonyOne Bashes Transformers ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Keroshino, Jun 26, 2009.

1. aluminum

aluminum New Member

Man its like trying to convince religious christians with rational logic that Jesus was a most likely a fictional character.

Spoonyone used clear logic in his lengthy video giving evidence of how bad transformers two was in terms of humor, plot, and even the giant robot action in which everyone and their moms went for. Robot fights were a mess and unsatisfying as described by spoonyone. We got gray heaps of metal wrestling each other.

"Megatron was butch and starscream was the bitch" was comedic gold.

He didn't call 4 year old ******s. He felt a shameful listening to stereotypical jokes about black people when the yougins don't know any better than funny voices.

His point was that a film with a huge budget that transformers two had should have been much better. But instead we get a film that is way below the standards.

Standards should be high for movies of this caliber don't ya know?

If you enjoyed it, I fear for america's pop culture future.

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, unfortunately for the rest of you and fortunately for myself, I am a cinemaphile FIRST and Transformers fan SECOND.

3. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Spoony - Part II
    ------Now It's Personal----------

not content with his bashing and sick of people saying Big Robots + Fighting = Fun...
    Spoony decides to compare "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" to...
    "Transmorphers: Fall of Man"
    http://blip.tv/file/2328922/

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Oh dear god :lol 

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    eh. that's his opinion. and using that religious analogy was a little out of whack. it's about liking a movie or not liking it, it has nothing to do with believing two thousand year old shoddy "evidence" that a miracle man existed.

if people choose to hate the movie because "it's not art" or they think we should have had something better, that's fine. i just feel bad for them because they're not letting themselves enjoy what we did get, which was still heaps of fun, and had the best visual effects ever put on screen.

6. sideswipe1

sideswipe1 because damn he's good

i just want to know what fight scenes in the movie were hard to follow. i could follow each and every one and still tell who was who.

these are the ones i remember
    1. china fight with demolisher, sideways, prime, ironhide, sideswipe, and arcee
    2.house fight with kitchen bots
    3 epic forest fight
    4. random desert scenes
    5. bb vs. rampage and ravage
    4. jetfire vs. mixmaster and scorpanok
    5. prime vs. megatron and fallen

all were pretty clear to me.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Good review, but I like the movie.

8. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Well, I wouldn't mind being a shit-flinging monkeychild if I could earn 75 mil per movie just ordering people around and dictating their actions.

9. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

man wish I hadn't watched this. I rented Transmorphers 2 because it looked fun and cheesy, then that asshole goes and gives away the spoilers and then after doing that goes, "oh yeah, spoilers."

I watched 2 of his videos and in both of them he appears to be a pretty dim bulb, so I won't be making the mistake of wasting my time by watching anymore of his dribble.

It's not hard to talk about a movie without giving away the whole movie. Clown.

10. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Oh man, I have to come back to this thread later. There's no way I can watch all of these vids now.

11. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

He couldn't. Everything he wanted to say has already been said.

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Whoever the F, these Spoony guys are, I agree with them a whole lot.

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

That has to be one of the funniest and angriest video reviews ive seen lol.

When you get passed the initial absurd anger he does something you rarely see movie supporters do , he gives the reasons why he thinks the movie sucked ( or didnt if your a supporter ).

Thats why i think its funny movie supporters dont fight back with saying why the movie was good or pointing out why the reviewer is wrong it just instead turns to insults. That would be probably because there is no answer or excuse for this film.

One point I think everyone should absorb here right now.

Michael Bay chose to not push the film back the studio would have moved it to make more time to get the film done right. He not only didnt change the date he then moved it up a week and finished it under his budget.

This is not a rushed labor of love to him this is rushed labor thats all. He just shoveled the shit out and everyone bought it right up. The man didnt care enough to get the movie right is the point im making cause if he wanted to get it right he would have taken the the later july realease instead.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    That is indeed what happened imo. First half of the movie still features some pretty good choreographed & screenplayed action : Sideswipe's premier, Prime vs Demolisher, Forest battle...

But after that...in terms of action scenes ; Bay clearly rushes it all and he goes to rely on his "good ol" self of mere chaotic explosions & robotic fistfights without any sense.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    TGWTG himself loved it, so it's cool.

16. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

thats spoony's opinion that he came up with with SCIENCE. naw but i actually do like the movie long live spoony.
    Its in reference to the spoony bard