Revenge Of The Fallen: Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Baccala1976, Jun 24, 2009.

?

Did you like ROTF:

1. Yay

221 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. Nay

58 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    :noob 

2. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Interesting. I may try that frame of mind when i see it on imax. After all bay did say that there were slightly more fight scenes in the imax cut.

The only thing I honestly got from the entire movie was the sense of annoyance due to the aforementioned 12 year old

3. JB1323

JB1323 Member

I have to say this describes my feelings perfectly. I liked it, but didn't love it, but would much rather see it than no new Transformers movie at all. It definitely needs a second viewing to better decide. LOL

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Fixed

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's wonderful. You should find the Star Trek Fansite then.

In all seriousness with arguments set aside, if you are a Transformers fan you'll enjoy this movie. I don't see how any Transformers fan could not enjoy it. This movie isn't the Dark Knight, it isn't Star Trek; it's Transformers. In some people's opinion it may not have the best story or whatever, but damn it this is Transformers. If Devastator's balls are keeping you from seeing this movie . . . I'm truly sorry to hear that.

6. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the forest fighting scene alone was worth the cost of admission.

7. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay from me. That said i was slightly disappointed by it, but then again i think that was due to all the hype. I bought into it too much and we all know how too much hype can ruin a movie. For some ******ed reason i was expecting a life-changing god-like supermovie, i have no idea why i was expecting that as i never expect such things from movies. So you can see why i felt let down when all i got was a proper action movie with kick arse cgi, high-octane thrill ride with awesome explosions.
    Theres parts to it that i just cant get enough of, things that were done better than in the first movie etc etc, but theres also a lot of flaws and things that the first movie did better.

The main thing that annoyed the piss out of me is all the re-used footage throughout the movie. Theres about 7 or 8 scenes where you see the same footage twice and that just gave the whole film a very rushed feel. Bay has done this in a few of his films but never to this extent. But apart from that everything else was great. I still cant decide if i prefer this or the original yet and ive seen it twice so far. I think i'll wait until the dvd comes out and decide then as theres so much going on in the movie its hard to take everything in on the big screen.

But yeah, overall: Fucking awesome!

8. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT. And they arent even testicles...they are wrecking balls from one of the constructicons' alt modes that hang off of his lower back.

9. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i give it 10 thumbs up :) 

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I say yay, with a BUT though. It was, overall, a big and fun action adventure movie with quite a few parts that pleased, but it also had obvious problems too that are hard to ignore completely and left you wishing some things were done better.

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

12. MisterE

MisterE What?

Nay. Having seen it twice, the plot inconsistencies, crude humour, use of screen time on pointless scenes like the hash brownies one and a pretty bad ending all spoiled it for me. The action was good and the CG was incredible as expected, but too many other problems spoiled it.

Jetfire was awesome though.

13. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not amazing, but I will still go see it again in a heartbeat. So "yay."

14. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nay. I love Transformers but from a movie I expected more than just explosions and poor humour.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flameshield

Flameshield Blind Sniper

a Yay from me. yes, there are plot holes and inconsitancies, the humor was iffy and some scenes we could do without, but i enjoyed it through and through, and if i could i'd watch it again (money's tight and no transport). a good movie in the end.

16. tampa

tampa Member

YAY for me. AWSOME and need to see it again soon. im happy so thats wat counts ;) 

17. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I only have one complaint (aside from the robot designs) and that's Soundwave's voice. All in all the kids and I liked it. Saw it IMAX earlier today. I have to say there were things in it that were not needed (The mom and the Brownies and the Dog and Wheelie things) but the first one had them so sadly I knew they would be in this one too so I was ready to just ignore them in this one.

18. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Was it the best movie ever? No. Was the writing any good? Nope. But other than that and a few plot holes, I enjoyed it. I said it before, and I'll say it again, Sam's mom on magic brownies was pure win! So was wheelie. I coulda lived without the dogs humping and the ******ed twins, although they did have a few funny lines. The best part(for me at least) was that the bulb for the projector broke when the previews started, causing them to start over again 15 minutes later. I didn't miss any of the actual movie, and they gave everyone passes to see it again for free! (guess what I'm doing tomorrow)

19. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    over all great movie, i wish and hope for a little more explination in the dvd extras that may have been to long for theatrical release.

20. megapork

megapork Cheese

yay you fool( i sound like mr.t right now)