Revenge of the Fallen Wideload On Card Images & Bio

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 D-bot, Sep 30, 2009.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Actually, the bio is pretty much G1 Throttlebot Wide Load. He was a dump truck in Huffer's colours, and his whole thing was that he was incredibly vain, despite his job which necessitated getting dirty. I guess it was kind of novel to have a big manual labour brute character who was self-obsessed and vain.

I REALLY don't like these new "rivalry" bios. It seems like a cheap shot to cross-promote toys, rather than actually describing the character much. Too bad.

Normally I have a weird soft spot for off-white and orange robots. It's one of those colour combos that I find surprisingly good-looking, but somehow this colour scheme looks really blah on this mold.

zmog

2. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

The bio was pretty interesting. Guess Wideload could "sneak" on top of Sonar.

3. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

That head looks like Captain America's, which now causes me to see the figure as some pasty, half-dressed superhero. Worrying.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not a better name?
    If i had this mold, it would be called "Parcel" or "Postal" or something better than a name best suited for a Redneck version of Prime...

you know, the Prime that transforms into a truck that is hauling a double wide mobile home?

all i know is I would love to see a Radicon army build these into fleets of FedEx, UPS or even USPS trucks.
    Better even, customize one into a Paper delivery truck like The NY Times...

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    this guy thinks he looks good? Classic.

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I dunno, I like the bio,,, it's got a slightly addled, "walter mitty" theme to it.

Low ranking Autobot courier, spends his days on the shipping dock talking about what he'd do if "I were Prime,,,", gets his ass kicked, gets a medal from Prowl or Springer or some other mid-management bot. Then decides to get all bold.

He was probably crossing a bridge on the Pacific Coast Highway, the Verizano, or in Miami when he got hit by a stray missile intended for Ironhide.

Now he's planing revenge,,REVENGE,, REVENGE!!! :Gouki: 

I could see a whole series of "Epic Fail" comics as Butter-Bot tries to figure out how to "swim".

(come to think of it,,, this bio is not only kinda cool, but full of comedic potential!)

7. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Wow. I finally craved. I will buy this, and give him a metallic silver and darker blue color scheme.

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't decide. Are you being snarky, or did you miss this mold's original use?

9. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Even though I don't own the first version of this mold, this is one repaint I won't have a problem passing on.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Do want this, but I think it would've looked better if the head had been redecoed a little more from the original Rollbar colors.

11. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nothing wrong with cross promoting and saying "hey kids, buy this toy" At least they make use in the bio for that rather than just a cosell picture.

12. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Wow. this toy is epic fail. First he's made out of butter, and now he thinks he can destroy a Destroyer? *facepalm*

13. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thing was DYING for an optimus minor repaint, but instead we get this creamsicle nonsense. It's sad because it's a pretty decent mold. Well waddaya gonna do I guess...sonar could have easily been seaspray, instead they come out with something I would have made with a sharpy when I was 8. The whats his face scout could be beachcomber, even the deluxe armorhide could be repainted into beachcomber..aint gonna happen, though :( 

14. lowem

lowem Well-Known Member

Repaints sure are getting whacky paint jobs nowadays. What are they trying to do, drive up prices for the originals in the secondary market?