Revenge of the Fallen voayeger question..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by General Magnus, Dec 23, 2009.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I was wondering, why do the Autobots seem to receive so few new molds in the Voyager class? Most of them are repaints with only one or two new molds and remolds, while the Deceptcions receive new molds in a much quantety. Are the Decepticons much more popular for the voyager class?

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    i dont know....maybe some people think that "the bad guys" should always be bigger...?

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    most of the autobots are normal cars. most of the decepticons are big things. thats how I see it.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I would assume it's because Decepticons are generally larger robots and vehicles while most Autobots are cars and small trucks. I mean, what movie-verse 'bots could they make into Voyagers? When compared to classics, which was 3 'bot Voyager molds and 1 'con, the rotf line at least seems to be trying to stick bigger vehicles in a bigger size class. It's not that 'cons are more popular, it's just that they're bigger.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think, in general, because there were a lot of repeat characters that got pretty good molds last time. Prime, Ironhide, and Ratchet all were done pretty well the first time. Meanwhile, the Decepticons had to have many more new characters because they lost a lot more. And, many of those characters are at a bigger scale than most of the new autobots (who were all small, sporty cars/motorcycles).

I also like to think that maybe Hasbro realized the mistake they made at trying to scale down some figures (ie-Bonecrusher) so they gave more Voyager positions to Decepticons because, yeah, they are bigger characters.

I bet that a lot of people like Decepticons and this way they can charge a little more too helps. ;-)

6. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    what Zero and Valkysas said^

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    this but im hopeful for some on screen Autobots that are larger vehicles in TF3 just to get them out of the automobile/pickup truck rut the autobots have been stuck in the movies Jetfire is cool but I wanto see some autobots as fire engines,trains, buses, vans and etc

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Ratchet, Ironhide and Optimus were in both movies. Repainting them and selling them in the 2nd movie toyline was an easy way for Hasbro to get some extra profit out of the old molds. I really doubt there's any reasoning beyond that.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    very true max profit with minimum investment

10. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've wondered about this myself. The Autobots have gotten exactly one new mold voyager for ROTF - Stratosphere - and he's not even in the movie!

However, Recon Ironhide looks pretty awesome, and even grey Ironhide was pretty cool. Both versions of Prime suck, though. If they want to keep cranking out that mold, you'd think that they'd do at least one version as Magnus or Scourge/Nemesis Prime.

We should get a Voyager version of Jetfire without the combining gimmick for a more streamlined, movie-accurate design.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah I've never been much for the Voyager Optimus Mold, but I'd buy it again if it was in Nemesis colors. I'm a sucker sheep for that scheme.