Revenge of the Fallen The Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AwesomeSauceUK, Apr 30, 2009.

1. AwesomeSauceUK

AwesomeSauceUK Well-Known Member

Remember 2007 guys? Remember how cool it was to see Optimus prime on the big screen? Remember how excited you may have been to get Transformers The Game to play as your favourite characters from the movie? Remember how much the game sucked? Remember how ridiculously repetitive it was? Remember how frustrating it was to play?

I even had to get ludicrously drunk one night just to get to the last level of the Autobots storyline, and to this day I still don't remember how I got there.

I am really hoping that the ROTF Game is going to be much better, but in my heart I just know that it's probably going to be the exact same game, but with different characters and environments.

I want a sandbox Transformers game, more along the lines of the Spiderman games or the Hulk games, but better than them of course. A game where you actually have to form strategies for defeating your enemies, instead of the 'wash, rinse, repeat' style of gameplay that we got with TFTG. A game where your weapons and guns are actually useful in a fight, but not so much that you rely on them alone.

It would also be cool to create your own Transformer, Pick a vehicle, pick a colour, customise your robot mode, and experience a storyline that occurs in parallel to the movie, but doesn't intefere with, or ruin, the plot.
    Of course if you wanted to, the option to play as Optimus or Megatron or any other bot would be there too. How about having four campaigns? One Autobot campaign which follows the movie and you play as several different autobots throughout the game, and relive the main story, much like the first Game, but better. Of course a Decepticon campaign too in the same vein as the Autobot one. But there could be another two campaigns in which you play as your very own Autobot or Decepticon and you're able to explore a vast environment and complete missions at your leisure. Much like GTA, but with Transformers....

Sadly I know that this game would take ages to make and probably will never happen. But one can dream right?

Discuss

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Give me anything which doesn't have time limits and crappy driving controls.

3. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I really want online multiplayer so we can finally have a game where we get to fight as TF against other players.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I.... somewhat enjoyed the Transformers game on 360. Some of the levels were great (I loved the first Decepticon level as Blackout when you completely level the base) but some of the later levels WERE SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!!

The timed missions were a little obnoxious, which added to the frustration of the later levels lol.

Oh, and don't get me started on how much it pissed me off that you COULDN'T USE YOUR FUCKING GUNS to kill most of the drones! Why have guns if the drones are just gonna put up a shield? And I hated the ass holes that would swing something around on top of their head so you had to throw something big at them to get them to stop, and the ass holes that would football tackle you -_-

5. AwesomeSauceUK

AwesomeSauceUK Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention how entire busses and trucks would just bounce off your car, even when you're a small car like Bumblebee or Jazz.

6. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Well this game does look 10 times better and sounds allot better!! and the game is ONLINE MULTI!! check out ign and read up on it sounds tight ill deff pick this up!!

also they are in talks about making a stand alone TRANSFORMERS games series. the concept sounds awsome from what i read supposed to follow the G1 franchise and onward! so i guess we shall see!

7. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

In the DS version of Transformers The Game, you did create a character. It was a generic bot that you named yourself, and then you choose which alt mode to scan and drive/fly with. You could hold pretty much any and every vehicle in the game (except police cars :( )

I don't see how that would work for a console version of ROTF. With the online, that would make sense (with a kind of Halo 3 soldier customizer thing where you choose helmet type, colors, and logo). This game WILL be epic... just read what Joystiq, TeamXBOX, IGN, and MTV have to say about it. But only for the 360, PS3, DS, and PC versions. The Wii is a twin of the PS2 version (no online :banghead: ) and the PSP is doing it's own thing just like the first one :tumbleweed: 

8. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    The online sounds pretty awsome but it dosent say if you create a bot or if you actually have to use say AUTOBOTS or DECEPTICONS

9. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

You don't know how much a Transformer weighs. It could be made out of an alien supermetal thats 1000 times more dense then anything found or made on earth.

As for you're ideas on the first game yes it did have a lot of bad elements but overall I thought it was pretty fun.

As for the next game I'd like better mission that arn't just find this or attack that. I'd also like to be able to pick who I want to be. I'd also like projectile weapons to actually do something.

10. hellfire565

hellfire565 Auticon

I SECOND THE REPETITIVE GAMEPLAY!
    but the online multiplayer does sound promising :p 

11. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

the ps2 sounds like it will be a beat-em-up.
    and from what i gather, you only go into altmode in "arcade style levels":( 
    though, maybe i miss-read it and it really means that the entire game is an
    "arcade style beat-em-up"

i just want to be able to transform at any time...
    and fight devastator.
    and play as soundwave.
    and kill the twins.
    and Rollerblade as sideswipe.
    and go vs. my sister.(oh yeah! arcee vs. devastator!)
    that's all i want...:D 

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    As long as it doesn't suck like a $5 hooker, I'll be all over it.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd like some multiplayer without it having to be online. I'm a casual gamer (usually the only reason I buy a new console is when a Transformers game is released on one I don't have and I have to buy the console to play it) and I'm not bothered about online gaming.