Revenge of the Fallen sped up?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundbytes, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm watching Revenge of the Fallen on FX right now and I can't help but feel that the timing is slightly off. This is especially during certain Transformations (Optimus in the Nest hanger) and the "What if we leave, and you're wrong?" line seems to have the pauses shortened. I was just curious if this is actually happening or if I should do something about the voices in my head.

2. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I've never noticed a pause, and i've watched it on both FX and on Blu-ray.

And you don't have to do anything about the voices in your head unless they're telling you to do really bad things. Then you might have a little problem. But I don't know, i'm not a doctor.

3. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Maybe FX edited it for time?

4. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

FX does edit for time. Quite a few scenes are shortened (No Twins hanging from the building) or cut all together (The "Ironhide up the middle" scene). So that wouldn't surprise me. They've got to trim the running time and add in commercial breaks.

Why I don't usually watch films on network tv.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    There are random bits cut out. Some of them make sense from a censorship standpoint, others I assume were just done to make the movie fit in the time they allotted for the broadcast. I don't see how just a couple seconds make that much difference - I know they add up over the course of a two and a half hour movie, but I feel like they could just scroll the credits even faster than they normally super-fast-forward them. Whatever.

I think they should just cut every scene that doesn't involve robots from the end of the Shanghai sequence to the point at which Mikaela kills Alice.