Revenge of the Fallen PC Mod

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ganondorf2002, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

I've noticed that the PC version of ROTF has some potential to be modded a bit. The main thing I would like to start of with is bringing some of the non playable characters to be playable. Such as Brawl, Decepticon Cars, Thundercracker version of the Seeker (light blue one for those who doesn't know who he is.). Since the textures and other files are ingame maybe these could be made available for multiplayer/campaign missions. Below are a list of files that the game uses if anyone could point me to the direction of a program/plugin needed to open these files I would appreciate it. Also if anyone would like to help me on this idea of modding ROTF please make a post of what you could do for the game.

Characters - use .str files
    Textures - use .apk files, .fnt files
    Effects and shaders - use .lsa files

2. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if we end up not getting the DLC stuff. Although I fear there might not be enough players on PC to really spread the stuff around. Id' still be curious to see what you might come up with if you're successful in extracting/opening the files.

3. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

I think there would be enough pc players. Since the game is new it is still growing. If we could learn how the game operates and acquire an experienced 3d modler we could have many more posiblilites.

4. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    I got it for PC. But I couldnt find the place of that files mate. BTW my tag is Bumblebee94, add me :) 

5. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

the files that I mentioned are in the main folder of the game on your harddrive. I belive I have the programs needed to open the 3d wireframes, although I am not very good in that area. However the main thing I would like to do is make some of the non playable characters playable.