Revenge of the Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Mar 4, 2009.

1. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    I just bought henkei ironhide and prowl just before this video review on youtube! if i wait another day i might save the money and throw on this ROTF Prime! well, better rob a bank on july

2. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Wow, that Prime is domination in ten dimensions!

Love the look, love the character, love the complex transformation coupled with such film model accuracy.

So totally bought, he looks to be one of the best figures ever made.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    HOLY SHIT.

I saw pictures before- but WOW.

How they managed to work up such a perfect transformation is beyond me.

4. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Absolutely stunning. The amount of complexity in this toy may even surpass Alternators and Masterpiece. Certainly, best-looking truck mode for a toy Prime ever, and I still can't believe how close they got to the CGI robot model.

Early candidate for TF of the year. Let's hope Jetfire lives up to the same high standards.

-XCN-

5. AutoSlasher101

AutoSlasher101 Strategist

I can't really see the difference. could you maybe post comparison pics of movie Prime and toy Prime? Anyway this is the prototype version.

6. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Again flawless!!!

I hope they do come out with a Premium Ver. and not cut corners on the paint this time. The Japanese Premium Prime was nice too...

He had chrome feet LOL!

7. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Good review. The detail and transformation are much better than the first Movie Prime, and it's definitely a buy for me now.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but can the first Movie Prime's gun fit onto ROTF Prime's arm, or has anyone tried?

8. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

So....basically we are getting the Masterpiece version of this toy that everyone wanted when the first movie came out. Awesome! You know they're going to do a Premium. I could do without the swords though. By the way, coolest video review I've seen yet. You see a little bit of reality happening in the process, ie: child wanting to be part of the review, a little irritation setting in from being reminded who Optimus Prime is...etc. Kinda funny.

9. J Migidy

J Migidy Vector Sigma's Lil Helper

News Credits:
    A Must Have Figure

Holy Shit!!! This Transformer is an engineering marvel!!! It is so movie accurate. Even the way he transforms is almost exactly like the movie with his arms and fists coming from the front of the truck. Words can't fully describe the awesomeness. This just might be the best Transformer ever made. The transformation is a little complex but that's what you get with a figure this detailed. I agree with Peaugh. If you buy just one figure from the Revenge of the Fallen line it has to be this one!!!:drool: :drool: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :thumb :thumb :bowdown: :bowdown: :rock :rock 

10. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

Screen accuracy be damned, the first leader class Prime was better because it strayed from the emaciated look of the on-screen model and took on a more traditional Transformer design. When they originally announced that the movie designs would be more "angular", the toy version is what I had imagined in my mind, which I would have been just fine with as an update, but what we got on the actual screen...blech.

I am surprised at how much taller this new version is though, as the first one is a pretty big boy as it is.

Man, a Transformers line with not one single figure that I want...just amazing. Even with the first movie there was a small handful of designs that I liked, but...I'm speechless.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ill be comparing as usual to which version i getting; Takara's or Hasblows.
    Hmm , ok screw it...one Hasblow verison to play and kitbash with battle damage and refined paint apps/ and a SECOND yes, SECOND Takara one to keep MISB. Plastic crack addiction PLUS freaking AWESOME Movie-toy Accuracy = Holy SHIT-BALLS.

12. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well, this video review answered the one question I had, which involved the blue panels on his back, behind his head. Good to see they can be swiveled down.

I'm also happy to see the way the red panels fold up behind his back as well.

Insane complexity, but not daunting like some RID stuff was. Amazing figure. Much closer to the movie design and a definite on-sight purchase.

13. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well, I have good news for you! There's about 4,521 versions of a more G1-style Prime available to you.

But thanks for your contribution.

14. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh... the frigging noise is enough to make me consider passing on this one!!!!

... but then Pete talks to me... and makes me want him...

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    The noise really isn't that bad. I can transform him without setting it off at all. Like I said in the video, it seems like as soon as I turn the camera on anythign that CAN go wrong will.

16. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I didn't say "G1 style" I said traditional, which includes everything except Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Hell, even Animated is traditional, just a more cartoony, exaggerated form of.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth though. I always appreciate when people tell me what they think I just said. I wasn't aware that all "Bayformer" haters HAD to hate them because they'er not G1.

Guess what? I hate them because they look like ass, that's why. I never expected them to look like G1, we were told that from the get-go, I expected them to look, ya know...good.

I suppose something like "OMG!!!!! NEW MOVIE PRIME ROX BEST TRANSFORMER EVAR!!!!!!11111" would have been a more worthwhile addition to the thread? Does that make you feel all warm and cozy and safe from differing opinions?

Next time, try actually reading AND comprehending what I say before you respond to me with your sarcastic little "contributions."

17. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

I am so glad we are getting this new Leader mold of him it looks more like his movie self, I was hopping all of the ROTF movie line looked as good as Prime. The only 2 little nit pics i have with this figure 1. Is that he is a little taller then original prime wich is bad for "SCALE DISPLAY" 2. The paint aps are not in the right area like the middle foot and shoulder things that stick up and a couple other parts.

It makes me wonder if they will make him a Premium with correct colors or if Takara will do the same but with awsome crome like they did for movie1. Over all this is at the top of my to get list, great figure, awsome transformation, mold is accurate. May 29th is going to take forever!

18. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Wow this one actually looks really cool. The first movie toy looked horrible, not show acurate at all. This one looks great! Great review, great toy!!

19. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

This Optimus Prime leader class is really a nice figure. Didn't know they could make them that accurate despite of the complicated transformation.
    However, this toy is rather a collectible for older TF fans and not suitable for kids since it is so complicated to transform and many parts tend to pop out.
    For playing the voyager class are more suitable but also less accurate then.

20. Th3 Fall3n

Th3 Fall3n Unicrons First Apprentice

yeah its definitely on my to get list man omg and if they come out with a premium figure ill be getting that one too! My only hope is that a soundwave and ravage figure is as movie accurate as this one here, man good job Hasbro epic win!