Revenge of the Fallen Game Wishlist

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by knook, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What would you like to see in the game, personally for it it'd be

1) Choosing which Autobot/Decepticon to do missions as
    2) More characters (Drones, G1 incarnations etc...)
    3) No "battle zones"
    4) Weapons actually do damage on other Transformers
    5) In-flight/jump transformations (This was terrible for TF1, it ruined Starscream)
    6) More than four hand-to-hand attacks per character

I realise all of this is a little optimistic but that's why it's called a wishlist. I can't wait to see what ideas you guys come up with

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

1) Don't suck like the first one.

That's really pretty much it.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's about all I could ask for.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yeah this will do nicely.

5. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but it's not really specific. If you could actually elaborate as to how the game could be made better then that'd be good

6. AMG

AMG Old School

No more timed missions.

7. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's not too bad for race missions but when it's on a normal mission that it gets very annoying

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The ability to jump and transform.

Having the ranged weapons actually causing damage.

If they insist on making it melee only then perhaps more than one attack would be nice.

Making the drones less annoying.

Designing the missions better.

Making a game that isn't total balls.

9. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

More characters
    Better Weapons
    Not GTA style (free roam, go to mission markers, collect useless stuff)
    Being able to finish someone off with Primes sword to the face

10. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok here goes...

- Team based gameplay. Have missions where you have a team of Autobots/Decepticons that you can control or command. As the Autobots, allow them to have human partners. Like Sam with Bumblebee.

- De-emphasize melee combat. It was really lame. This game should be a solid 3rd person shooter with melee sprinkled in, not the focus.

- Military based missions. Control Lennox and his crew as they defend or attack an area alongside, or waiting for, the Autobots.

- The ability to Transform at any time and have it be used in attacks. Why can't you be a car, and drive full speed up to an enemey, and attack as you transform? Maybe even combos based around transforming.

- Co-Op campaign modes.

- Online multiplayer. Have multiple modes. Maybe one like Star Wars Battlefront. You control drone troops until you earn enough points/prizes/objectives to control a more powerful main character. Have mission based multiplayer maps.

- If you can't create a solid engine, use an existing one. Unreal Engines have great vehicle and troop based control mechanics.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this.. I'd love a progressive online campaign, like the little game they had on the website, where you would see the progression of the war based on the Autobot and Decepticon tally over all the online servers.

Also, I know this might not be popular, but.... I would love to have a mini campaign mode played as a human soldier... What? Oh NO!! But it would be awesome if you were fighting small drones and the background was nothing but chaotic giant robots fighting along side you and against you, and eachother. I keep thinking of the scale of Shadow of the Colossus and how awesome it would look to be dwarfed by them.
    edit: with so much excitement about the movie, I almost forgot about the game. Glad to be reminded.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    To be truthful, I'd just like something in par with Armada on the PS2, currently my benchmark for a good Transformer game.

That being said.

Clean up the movement: the TF's moved very stiffly and awkwardly.

Make the gun combat more intense, allow the use of buildings as cover so you can fire from cover and use the roof as a sniper point.

Make it look current gen. The last movie game looked worse than the PS2 game. That is a tragic failure that can be blamed on no one other than the deadline.

Keep the independant campaigns: this was possibly the best thing about it. Two different sides, different missions and outcomes. Keep that for the love of all things holy.

Dynamic transformation: I should have the capacity to try and emulate the 'Optimus Jump' at all times with any character (within reason)

Flight controls. These are tricky at the best of times, but flying Starscream and Blackout wasn't very intuitive. Beg, borrow or steal the flight control systems for them from a dediated flight sim and then simplify them a little.

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Eeeeeeeehhhh, I'm not sure if actually being able to control Lennox and friends would be that great, they'd have to have access to something that's so awsome that it rivals being able to control a giant transforming robot. Maybe you can use them as a support option, kinda like a mini squad you can command.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well all you'd really need is a couple of those Sabot equipped weapons and you'll take down any Decepticon that looks at you the wrong way.
    Regardless, things I'd want.

1. Sandbox free roaming. Something like a GTA IV Sized world at least.
    2. Online multiplayer; Free-for-all, free roaming, team deathmatch, VIP mode (with the VIP being each faction leader), and co-op campaign.
    3. A decent roster of Playable characters. The movie game had a fair amount, but cutting out Brawl when he had all the movesets and animations was just lazy.
    4. Focus on long range combat rather than melee. Definately lose the stupid reflector sheilds.
    5. No more 'Action Zones'. Simple put, it sucked.
    6. Ability to transform in mid-air and as a weapon. You could do both in the Armada game, lets have it back.
    7. Less timed missions. Does anyone honestly like these?
    8. Improved Vehicle mode controls. Again, did anyone actually like the car controls?
    9. Character selection. I dont want to have to free-roam as whoever has the last mission on each map. It basically made playing as Jazz or Ironhide impossible.

I think thats it. Long list. Do I expect any of these to be made. Not at all.

15. DaggersRage

Sorry for going off topic but... In the TF live action movie, did they really call it a Sabot round? Sabot's are a weapon device that allows a weapon to fire a smaller shell, like a 60mm cannon can load and fire a 40mm shell for example.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i was actually tellin a friend somethin like this

i had pictured in my head like a GTAIV sized world [although, what with ROTF being more "global" in scope there'd have to be ways to incorporate different environments as well. perhaps more [comparitively] smaller scaled sandbox styled maps? idk]

but anyways, i pictured the gameplay kinda like this

you'd have vehicle combat for sure. big old car chases all across the world map and stuff

there'd be more emphasis on gunfights. i kinda picture it like Gears of War or something. where you're just flingin lead all over the place. i think itd be neat to like go from a car chase and go into the city, transform and start a big gun fight. being able to take cover behind buildings and stuff [destructible environments of course]

and melee would be in there as well but i'd like it to be almost a seperate element.

i relate it most to the Bourne Conspiracy game. You get in close and close combat engages [no guns]. but you get like light medium and heavy attacks. build up a meter and you get special moves [well, they're called takedowns in the Bourne game]. Basically takedowns are just brutal, cinematic, and take a good chunk of life down.

the game basically turns into a brawler right there.

Then of course there's flyer characters as well. Whats nice with a big world map is it makes flying a bit more fun. Having dogfights up in the air, transforming and landing in the city and stuff like that

mmmm....

i dunno if im explainin it quite well but i figure it like this

GTAIV sized map
    Gears of War gun fights
    Bourne close combat [although more developed because admittedly, it could have been deeper in the bourne game. but its still fun and looks amazing]

but yeah.

More playable characters are a must
    Online mode would be sweet. We know there's probably gotta be drones so i agree with whoever said to make multiplayer like Battlefront. fight with drones/classes and then best player has the option of taking on a main character. [and having a Heroes deathmatch mode like in Battlefront would be sweet as well :D ]

but yeah. thems my thoughts

i think thatd rock

[and yes... i would be pretty excited if they used the unreal engine to do this game. if you cant get it right use something that works. unreal is a great engine for action games like this]

17. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup they said "high-heat" sabot rounds. Apparently loaded for a 6000 degree magnesium burn?

18. DaggersRage

Well, never mind about the Sabot thing. I looked into it more and it make sense. Sabot is still that device that allows smaller calibur shells to be loaded into a larger barrel, but basically, it's a tool to make the round a kenetic energy weapon. It uses physics instead of fire-power to puncture through targets. I know Sabot rounds are used for tanks, but as far as grenade launchers go like in the movie.... I dunno about that one. About the high degree burn, I'm not sure about that either, but Sabot's have enough kenetic energy to go through armor. Anywho, it makes sense reguardless. Sorry for derailing.

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    THIS.

20. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

it's a movie based game. either it'll suck balls like the first one or it''ll be worse. that's pretty much it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.