Revenge of the Fallen G1 Green Mixmaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by all are dead, Sep 5, 2009.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's old lefty because he's the left leg on the G1 model.

Know your history!

3. Papasmoak

Papasmoak Well-Known Member

Word.
    :bowdown: 

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is it really smart to name your sources? 1: Lets everyone else know who to watch so you'll less likely to get it cheaper 2: Lets Hasbro know the source of their stolen property to go after.

5. SiamGXPrime

SiamGXPrime Well-Known Member

Seriously know your G1 history... It's probably better to just post a pictorial for a recolor.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think I'll get this guy.

7. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

It makes me kinda sad that this reviewer paid for a G1 redeco without knowing why it was a G1 homage. The fact that he referenced the board multiple times when it's had this explanation posted on multiple threads makes me even sadder. Some people shoudn't be allowed to spend money...

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thinking out loud, and not talking to anyone in particular, but I always was brought up to understand that if you cannot offer constructive criticism, you should not offer criticism at all. Telling someone something bad is fine if you can wrap it up in an explanation of why it is bad, and suggest a way to improve. Stopping short is not helping anyone.

Also, who is to say how someone else should spend their money? It's their money, earned by themselves, to spend or not to spend as they see fit, and nobody else's concern at all.

9. Fago

Fago Encore enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right. We're kindof getting used to this situation, thinking it's good to criticize just for the fun of it. It's our right to do it, but we should limit ourselves to things that add value.

Now, I'm sorry to say I did not like the review. I would have liked more time showing the toy and not that much time wasted in random (irrelevant I might say) details. Only about 2 minutes were dedicated to the toy itself. That can probably be improved for future reviews.

I'd get the toy if they made G1 repaints of all ROTF Constructicons, but I don't see that happening. I hope I can get the Hoist repaint of Longarm without having to buy this guy.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I would have appreciated this review alot more if the kid would have gotten to the actual importance of the subject which is... showing off the figure, how it transforms...and show off the great details that separate it from the original movie mixmaster, such as...i don't know, The cuddly "Pound Puppies" facial expression and so on.

I was instead listening to the details of a kid rambling about some girl, his sources and such other details that really had nothing to actually do with the toy and for the most part could have kept out of the review.

He could have used the valuable time to focus more on key points of the toy itself and what it can do.

Those are just minor things though, I do appreciate the video footage of the toy, I look forward to seeing it in person.

11. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

I really dont like this one. Looks like a they took a head design from one of the goofier robot Heroes.
    In that case I will probably have to miss out on the hoist repaint there is no way ima pay for the two figures, one being a voyager, when all I want is the deluxe. Bummer and Bummer.

12. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Okay review, but I certainly prefer peaugh's reviews. It's seems like the kid didn't really know what was talking about other than it was Mixmaster, ROTF and a repaint. I watch reviews to see if I want to buy the toy, but going on this one alone, I would not buy it. I will watch for other reviews to see if the figure is shown in a better light.

13. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Uh-huh. Can someone summarize the review for me? Is there really anything to say other than it's a ROTF Mixmaster, now in green.

14. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    God-dang whipper-snappers. Get off my lawn you no good kids! Show you elders some respect.

:lol 

I don't really care about Mixmaster, but I really want Hoist. Hopefully when they get released, they'll be on sale. If they get released here.

15. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

This review would have been decent if you'd left all the packaging details out. It came in a bag because it's stolen off the production line and was in robot mode because it was going to shipped off for packaging.

16. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    ok i thought it was kinda werid aout the packaging and sorry i have not watched G1 In a while. What is with all the bad comments? it is just one review there will be Hundreds more soon... jeez...

17. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    This will be constructive.

while a lot of comments here have been negative without any suggestions, it's also important to expect some in any endeavor.

Having said that, there is a lot you could improve upon on this review style. I say style, because I don't really expect you to redo this one :) 

Here's a list of the time of the review I thought was useful and worth watching:

2:20-2:42
    3:02-3:55
    4:40-5:07
    5:43-6:20

a total of 2 minutes, 19 seconds. The rest was spent on packaging, counting how many languages were on the bag, showing off the postal label, talking about your sources, going on and on about why you didn't get the "ol' lefty" reference, talking about going to TRU (seriously, who cares about that stuff???) etc..

You obviously know how to pause and restart the video, why did you do it to skip past the transformation, and not do it so you could put the original one in robot mode? Especially when doing a review that is mostly repaint with a new head, i would've concentrated on ... the repaint and the new head. Show the differences in both modes. Get closeups of the head. you noisily zoomed in to show me a blurry mess, not a head. static pictures will do the job much better.

And here's something i'm not too sure if other reviewers do or not, because I don't watch a lot of videos, but would really help - You can have still pictures in a video review. you put them in the timestream, draw them out for as long as you need, and add in a voice track later. The equipment to do this costs far less than whatever you paid to get this figure pre-sale, so you can afford it. my skype headset with mic cost $20-30, i think, and it allows you to record yourself using Sound Recorder, a program included with your computer.

and if you're truly into making video reviews, than of course you'll want to do the best you can. I would videotape the figure, showing off all the things you want to show off (personally i would've liked to have seen the transformation, as if maybe this was the first review i ever saw for this figure - don't assume someone else's video was previously seen, like required reading)... record this in silence. throw the video into the editor, throw in some still pics so you can really see the details you were trying to point out, and then record your voice over it. in fact....write out what you want to say before you say it! you'll sound 100X more professional.

I know, you might be saying, "duh, all i'm doing is making videos, why should i put all this work into it, it's supposed to be fun..."

it is fun. but that shouldn't stop you from trying to do the best you can.

getting back to another point, and i wanna wrap this up cuz i've already written a book...

this is totally just a personal opinion - videos are meant to show what pictures just can't. If i watch a video review, i want to see how the transformation happens. piece by piece. I want to know if there are any particularly difficult parts to transform, and how to do it properly. i want to see any action features - how far does the missile shoot? is it a hair trigger? i want to see how easy it is to pose. (watch how long it takes for you to pose him). I do not want to hear you talk about the colors, because i can see the colors in a well-shot photo.

and lastly, and this is not specifically about your work - videos that don't show more than what a picture and text could show are merely extensions of the reviewer's ego, being fed by people watching his stuff and listening to his voice.

It's obvious you are really into this stuff, and I hope what I and the others have said do not detract you from making more videos - you can only go up from here!! i posted this publicly so that other video reviewer hopefuls can read it too.

Good Luck!!

18. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I don't like the color scheme for this figure.. Good thing I bought the normal ROTF one.