Revenge of the Fallen "Exclusive Look " Boosts Entertainment Tonight's Ratings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    A little tidbit about the draw and anticipation about the movie...

Advertisement

2. Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

Did they actually show any footage in this preview or was it just behinds the scenes and interview type stuff?
    I missed it...

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was just interviews and behind the scenes footage, but it looked really good. Can't wait for next June.

4. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Just interviews and stuff? How boring. Oh well, at least the movie comes out next year.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah it was pretty lame, i could really careless if Shia is single or not.

6. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was glad to see Shia on set, and how they were "filming" his hand (as in, not hiding it, but not making a big deal/he acted like it wasn't bothering him). Also glad to see both Josh & Tyrese back in fatigues.

ET's bit was a bit more entertaining than Access Hollywood's that same night. But glad to see that WoM gave them some extra ratings w/ a particular announced segment.

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The video is in youtube, I think it was Sean Long who uploaded it.

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw it. While seeing the explosions was fun, I was hoping for a little actual content.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It is/was also on their official site.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  11. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

With all due respect. . .

Let me apologize first for my words which are about to follow: With all due respect, Deceptigar, it and the Inside Edition segment were horrible (that's putting it nicely), and the term, "lame" does not even begin to describe how assinine those two reports were. To me, "Entertainment Tonight" and, "Inside Edition", aren't too much more than TV versions of those gossip rags you see crowding the check-out line at your local supermarket - and I think of a much better use for those gossip rags than reading them.

Then again, I knew going in that it was going to be pretty idiotic and dumbed down, especially when they brought up the following:

1)Shia's lovelife - why the hell should I give a damn about his lovelife, who he's dating, or who's interested in him when it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the MOVIE he's filming in the first place?!!!!!!! If someone wants to know this, then do us a favor and book Shia, or Megan, or whoever else an appearance on "THE LOVE CONNECTION" or any of those crappy dating, "reality" shows.

2)The "reasons" why they said fans would be drawn back, i.e., the actors losing weight and bulking up, the actors in it: Hmm, I thought the main draw of Transformers was ummmmm. . . . I don't know, ummmmmmm. . .maybe the SPECIAL EFFECTS, the STORYLINE, and damn! What a concept: maybe just those robotic organisms the film is named after: THE TRANSFORMERS THEMSELVES?????!!!!!! Hmmmm. . . . . .

3)The fact that the reporters had to go through extreme security measures to get onto the film set: ummmmm, isn't White Sands, NM the site OF A MILITARY BASE? I'm not a military expert, but even I know that military areas have some serious security measures required for entry and exit into them.

Basically, these "reports" profiled everything BUT the reason why these films are being made in the first place - The Transformers themselves. Yes, I know that there is some secrecy about the robots. Yes, I know they can't show everything. Yes, I know they can't reveal everything about the plot. But to dismiss the Transformer element of it is beyond idiotic, to me.

I would love to do a scatching satirical parody of shows like this (especially a satire of that, "Moment of Truth" show, maybe a special satire called, "Moment of Truth: Politician Edition"). I mean, everytime I saw an ad for Entertainment Tonight during the whole Anna Nicole Smith thing, they were all up in her's, her baby's, and boyfriend's Kool-Aid when she was alive, when she died, and even after she died. I'm sorry, but why should I care about seeing every minute of a celebrity's life? Why should I care what color underwear they wear, what type of jewelry they wear, what type of car they drive, what they do at home, what feuding happens around the dealings and inheritors of the estate, who disowned whom, etc.?

Sorry for my rant.