Revenge of the Fallen Breakaway

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Red Alert, May 29, 2009.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I had bought the Thrust recolor/retool some years back, but I JUST got the dark variant of Breakaway as my Movie Blast Off. He looks great! :D 

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Jetpack or no, it's random jet parts on top of his hunchback. That's not really... much of anything. Granted it's not on a limb but it just looks like half a jet on him.

3. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    actually the crash landing attack is the thrust version and is marketed as it. i've been meaning to track it down but i doubt i can find it cheap, by itself or even with the terrible bumblebee it comes with.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I have Thrust, and I think I'd prefer him over Breakaway.

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tend to like a lot of the "hated" TFs like blazmaster and double clutch. I think thrust OS one of the best all around TF jets they have made. I adore that one. Sweet gatling cannon...almost ZERO kibble in jet mode, and the way it transforms like someone said, it almost emplodes to TF. Lots of cool articulation. I took the front of mine apart and got the head above that post. Now I can kinda just pop the head up in bot mode and it works well.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I picked out this guy out of my box o' figures and I just wanted to say that I really...REALLY love this figure.

[​IMG]

This mod picture really reminded me why I fell in love with this guy in the first place. First, the CGI for Breakaway is GODDAMN AMAZING. He's one of the coolest looking Bayformers...and I really don't like the Bayformer aesthetic. Breakaway just oozes cool.

Secondly, the figure is actually pretty close to the CGI, and the mods to it really make it even nicer. The way the nose sits farther down the body, how the head pulls out farther and has articulation...just awesome.

I got rid of nearly all of my ROTF stuff awhile back. I'm glad I decided to keep Breakaway.

7. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i wonder how this mold would look as starscream...

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Remember when "Bayformers" had kibble and at least a vague idea of a transformation? I miss that.

9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did a mod that allows the front windscreen to slide forward, and the head pops up a lot more. Pretty easy mod too, and it greatly improves the bot mode.

• Like Like x 1