Revenge of the Fallen Blu-Ray: No Imax scenes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bleahaa, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Bleahaa

Bleahaa Active Member

News Credits:
    I've heard rumours that the Blu Ray does not contain the extended forest battle scene, and it also does not contain the alternating Imax ratio like The Dark Knight. It seems the Blu Ray is the 35mm theatrical version same as DVD.

Anyone actually got their hands on a copy yet?

2. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    The Blu-Ray/DVD aren't coming out until the 20th of October. Though there seems to be a leaked "Blu-Ray" version, i guess you could check with that to see if it's only in 35mm format.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless I missed something I saw the IMAX and theatre version and noticed nothing different in the forest seen unless someone can eloborate and if so I can only imagine it being a few seconds difference.

4. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    I don't think any of us saw any difference, it was merely a marketing ploy from Bay and Co.

5. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The version currently available (illegally mind) does not have the imax scenes in it. Same as the standard theatrical.

6. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

Yeah I can confirm that also that the version leaked online does not contain the IMAX scenes. HOWEVER before jumping to any conclusions, we should wait until the BluRay is released as it might have an alternate streaming angle for the film which will show the IMAX scenes.

7. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Doesn't matter if they included the scenes or not since I never even noticed them even after viewing the movie twice. Maybe I'll notice something different when the blu-ray comes out seeing as I watched the Imax release last.

8. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hard to say, but on the Dark Knight's release, the expanded ratio for the few scenes that were Imax filmed were sensational - much more to see, the entire screen appears to just open up on a widescreen display.

The Forest battle in ROTF would have been a deserving scene for it, but hard to tell if the encoders for the release currently available simply set an aspect ratio when they encoded, or it's simply not there.

9. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Speaking of the extra footage.......why wasn't it in the Imax version I saw? Or am I not the only one with the problem? Grindor actually got a shot on Prime, and I missed it.

10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be very, very disappointed if there aren't. The Dark Knight looked incredible when the screen expanded, and I couldn't begin to imagine how great the more action-oriented ROTF would look, especially the forest fight and Devastator. The filmmakers would be making a big mistake by not including it.

Though I do remember Bay saying that the Blu Ray would have this feature in an interview right after the movie came out.

11. geezmangu

geezmangu Well-Known Member

the leaked bluray is just probably the standard with just bigger dimensions and audio

12. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

There are a few extra scenes in the IMAX version. After Prime suplexes Starscream, he turns around and then has a scrap with Grindor, SScream and Megatron. Grindor cuts into him with his rotar, he exchanges a few blows with SScream and Grindor and then you see Megatron pick him up from behind, which cuts into the scene where he gets smashed into the tree.
    Then, after he says "I'll take you all on" you see Prime dish some more blows with his sword to all three of the Cons, cutting nicely into the scene where Megs runs at him and Prime skewers his arm and punches him twice in the face.
    Not sure if there is anything else, but these extra scenes make this scene even more special. :D 

13. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Not that this is the topic for it, but i just noticed that even they Jolt toy art on the package looks nothing look his actual face, not even the "3D" one from the deluxe toy. Talk about a major ignorant move...

14. Bleahaa

Bleahaa Active Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  15. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Ack! A wal-mart exclusive is horrible! I don't live near a Wal-mart. But still, I guess I could take the trip, since I wouldn't be taking a gamble on finding it like I would if I went searching for MP Skywarp.

But still... that's a stupid idea >_<

16. hyabusha

hyabusha Well-Known Member

17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Very lame. I'm not buying 2 damn blu-rays. Wife wants the prime head from Best Buy, and I have a $25 gift certificate for Best Buy. This is just stupid. All these exclusives are a major slight to the fans.

And Wal-Mart is charging almost $10 extra for this?? Ridiculous.

I suppose I could buy the Best Buy set and sell the blu-ray on ebay or something and then buy the Wal-Mart one, but on principle, I don't think I should.

18. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ugh, go to Wal-Mart just to get a few extra seconds of footage, no thanks.

19. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Well if its walmart in the US it might only be in Asda in the UK (as Asda are 'part of the walmart family')

Need to check online to see...preorders should be up by now

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Knock off the rulebending or I start handing out infractions or one week bans.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009