Revenge of the fallen Blu ray my opinions and review.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by olapaulakoski, Oct 19, 2009.

1. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Member

I originally posted this on Michael Bay dot com.

I feel pretty lucky, got it last thursdag. Pre-ordered imported american release "plays on my region 2 blu ray, it is region free" Ordered it a month ago from a swedish webshop and got it 5 days to early.

Here are my opinions "ramblings" on the release and some facts about some stuff. Maybe spoilers.

I can confirm that the release i got is in no way different from the theatrical. No changes to dialog etc..

Ive watched all the supplemet material, found all the hidden easter eggs. Same type of easter eggs as in the transformers 1 dvd/blu-ray. Just push left and right in the menus to find them.

The supplements are great! The human factor goes deep into the making of the film, interviews with everyone and it feels personal. I have a greater respect for michael bay after seeing through all this, and at the same time i feel a little sorry for him. He worked so damn hard on the movie till the last minute and i dont think that the current theatrical version is the version he was working to finish. At the end of the documentary when theres only 2 hours left for the asian premiere of the film he is still doing color corrections and fixes.

I think the final result of the film that was released reflects this both in the level of detail and the fact that the final cut that was released was not really finished and perfectly polished.

Im a filmmaker myself and i can relate to that, its very inspirational to se Michael who is a big director who easily could have not cared and just let it go. He puts so much hard work into the movie, and i am grateful for that. I grew up with transformers and always wanted to se it adapted.

I watched it with my brother who also is a filmmaker. The first thing we both said. We gotta get out and make another movie. 1+ for Michael twho inspires.

There are some deleted scenes on the disc, but nothing extradonirary. They feel more like blooper reels of improvised jokes than scenes.

Visual bayhem is fun, i hoped to see some animatics on transformers 1 supplements. I love supplemets that show a bit from the creative process, how it evolves to final versions.

There are trailers for the movie, trailers for transformers are great so it was fun rewatching them getting back the feelings i had during the pre-release.

Nest data hub is fun, lots of facts about robots and you can study the diffents versions going back to G1.

Bay in Tokyo was a fun little featurette also, funny when the try to transform Michael.

25 years of transformers is nothing special. Interviews with hasbro and talking about the brand.

My favorite featurette of all is giant effin movie. Its funny personal and one of the best supplemets ive seen ever! I see the image of my mother! Dear god i laughed so hard i almost feel of the couch! When i see this i wish i had worked on this movie.

And i still havent solved the allspark experiment, dear god i want the message from the future! When i come home i will play this game till i have all the robots, come hell or high water this puzzle will be defeated!

So thats a little on disc 2.

Disc 1 is the movie, its sounds awesome the transfer is great! No changes from theatrical cut at all. Im hoping that there will be a different version in the future, dont take me wrong i love the movie! Its alot better then transformers 1. Overall i was much more engaged in the storyline than i was seeing the first movie. Even though they had problems making it.

I think the movie is better because its darker, theres more adventure and emotonial scenes in it. And the first time i saw it i was chocked when prime died. So i was very engaged in the story from there, i love it when they are looking for clues to save optimus. Finding jetfire, tomb of the primes etc.

I feel a bit in a minority to say that i like mudflap and skids. I thought they were funny already when i saw it on the premiere in the theater, and that was before i read the reviews and opinions. I think they are funny and in the end they are actually pretty heroic they fight devs for christ sake. Brave little twins. When i watched the blu ray my 3 months son laughed as soon as they appeared. Babies usually dont react to movies. But he loves the twins. And the fact they are racist is bullshit. Michael Bay can´t be racist, he made the bad boys films. When i see the twins i just think of all the white hip hop wannabees out there. They are wannabees and they are young autobots who reflects teen society today.

Theres been alot of pyramids and such in movie lately but i think it fits in great in this one.

The complaints i have on the movie is that some of the jokes feel rushed. Probably because the movie was a troubled production overall. I dont mind humour in the transformers films, there are alot of jokes in rotf that are great! But there are some that are obvious improv "something that usually are great in michael bay films" that feel off. Like fallen calling mum and hash brownies on campus etc.

I also didn´t like that they have stock footage from the first film. Atleast look for alternative takes for this. And i think the movie still would have made sense without stock material. For example they use the same shot of the asteroids in space from transformers 1. If they didn´t have time for a new render, they could have just used the shots for the new movie only. Raptors scrambing also feels unesserary to reuse.

But all the good scenes in the movie overweigh the bad. Optimus forest fight is great, the end action in egypt is awesome overall.

I dont mind the small robot apperances "Rc and Jolt" it gives me a bobba fett feeling. I just see it as a good thing to have some mysterious side character robots.

Well thats what i have to tell you, great release great movie. Im pretty confident that tf3 will be special. Because theres no strike this time and more time to refine a better script.

I also hope Mikaela gets her own guardian for the next movie, just as Sam has Bumblebee. It would make sence that she and a robot like RC would be friends because she likes to ride a motorcycle.

What if we leave and youre wrong! Optimus is awesome!

Btw? Has anyone manage to solve the allspark experiment? Is there a logical way to customise?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently the puzzle is to just make 4 different robots and automatically the 5th combination shall be made and the video will go on.

3. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Member

Yes i have managed to enable one special robot, but no success with the rest, ive been sitting for hours.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I dont think Mikaela Will gets her own guardian in the next film aslo if you read Poho thread abotu the dvd/blu-ray commentary he says that bob and alex confirmade arcee and her sisters (EVEN CHROMIA) has dead in the commentarys so no mreo fembots in future movies (but lets wait until filming starts, anyway good review on the dvd/blu-ray i hope i get it soon

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    neato. i'm pumped to watch all the rest of the special features tomorrow.

6. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    sounds cool. your lucky for getting it on thursdag, i have to wait till tuesdag