Revenge of the Fallen (2 disc special edition blu-ray) - I have it....(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, Oct 11, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Another member posted that it was also found in the NY area. I was ALSO fortunate to find one too. This thread is in n/r because I elaborate on the bonus features (down below, so leave the thread now if you don't want spoilers)

After the 4 hour adventure to obtain it, I was lucky enough to get home late last night and watch the entire film, on the comfort of my own couch, on my 52" flat screen, blu-ray and 5.1 home theater system (may sound like a brag, but it took me a lot of work to get all that!)

Anyway, off the bat; I'll have to say a lot of the customs we've seen are pretty darn accurate despite the lack of images we've had to work with. Pausing this movie at good spots let me soak in and absorb some of the coolest, sharpest images of the Transformers.

So let's get down to it. The blu-ray edition has a few stickers on the box's cover. The first says "enter for a chance to win your choice of 2 new Chevy Cars - see back for details" the second sticker has a promo sticker which says (on the top) "Activate a 3D Optimus Prime Holographic Experience - with this package and a webcam. full system requirements at Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen | Official Movie Site & Trailer, expirs 10/19/10"

lower half of that sticker says "Over 3 hours of New Bonus Features....let's get into those, in a minute.

The first disc is the feature film disc. There are subtitle options.

The second disc is the bonus materials. Here is my write up and descriptions on those.

[​IMG]

The Human Factor Exacting Revenge of the Fallen
    This is a commentary by actors/directors/concept artist/cast members etc. Really long, I've only watched brief parts of it. This area is broken into several sections:
    • Seeds of Vengeance - Development and Directing
    • Domestic Destruction - Production US
    • Joint Operations - Production Military
    • War of the world - Production Middle East
    • Start making sense - Editing
    • Under the Gun - Visual Effects
    • Running the Gauntlet - Post Production and Release
    • Credits

A Day with Bay : Tokyo
    This is like a reality mini-show with Michael Bay in Tokyo, Japan. After watching it, I have a lot more respect for the guy...

25 Years of Transformers
    Same thing we've seen before, history of Transformers, how they started back in 1984, and how they've evolved to how the world perceives them now. Little history on the toys, comics, apparel, etc.

N.E.S.T Transformer Data-Hub
    This is a very cool bonus feature. It is an in-depth description of many Autobots and Decepticons in the film.

First you chose a faction,

For Decepticons, there is Megatron, Starscream, Devastator, Soundwave, Ravage, and the Fallen.

For Autobots, there is Prime, Jetfire, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Skids and Mudflap.

Selecting the robot will prompt a menu and screen about them. Top left is the tech spec data for that particular Transformer. Under that are the other sub categories for that TF. Most include :

• Bio - text bio of that TF
    • Animated series - pictures/info of that character in the 80s cartoon
    • Marvel comics - bio and pictures from marvel comic TFs
    • IDW Comics - bio and pictures from IDW TFs
    • Concept Art - high res images of conceptual art
    • Hasbro Toys - different series toys of that TF
    • ILM Production Art - This one is very cool. Most include CGI rendering in high res, but some allow you to choose sections or parts of the character and see them in 360 view. Unfortunately, it's not too big (only in a smaller window) I would have liked to see this have an option to expand that 360 rotating CGI art to full screen...

Allspark Experiment
    This is a really cool and fun bonus feature. You're basically taking the Allspark shard and adding it's power to an earth vehicle. User may chose from 3 different types of cars (Sports car, Sedan, mini-car) Jet, or Military vehicle (similar to Wreckage)

Once the user selects a vehicle, they may "customize" it; pick color (palette very limited; like 3 colors choices per) then you can customize the spoiler, front and back ends, accessories, tires and graphics (flames and stuff)

You then hit the "enter" button and a few seconds later, you'll see the vehicle you've customized - but as a unique Transformer. Here's a snapshot of the sample I've made:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deconstructing Visual Bayham
    This is another cool section. Many CGI heavy scenes are narrated. You can toggle through angles A and B to see either only the early CGI rendering, or split screen with the renderings and final footage side-by-side.

Deleted/Alternate Scenes
    3 Deleted/Alternate scenes, nothing special, mostly human acting. They are:
    • Sam and Alice at the Dorms
    • Witwickys in Paris
    • Leo Refuses to got to Egypt

Giant Effin Movie

Narrated bonus which talks about how all involved could make a movie that can top the original Transformer's movie. Nothing special. One guy says "ROTF makes TFTM look like a margarine commercial" (or at least that's what I think he said with a thick accent)

Linkin Park: New Divide

uhh...the New Divide video

Matrix of Marketing
    Cool section, shows all the marketing for this film broken into 3 sections;

Trailers (Reveal and Revenge)
    TV Spots (show 6 of them)
    Galleries (posters, promotional/marketing) - slideshow showing apparel, toys, etc with ROTF

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cool

3. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    I recall a report said that the DVD would show Bay's plans for TF3. Was this feature in another release of the DVD?

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    So you DON'T see any of the extra action like the extra scenes in the forest battle?

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I don't remember, is that supposed to be on this edition? honestly, I saw the film 6 times in the theater - 3 times in IMAX and forgot which would be "extra" scenes...

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there are no extra scenes, they were just filmed in imax so the ratio changes. thats it.

7. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Yes, there were. The IMAX version had extended versions of some scenes, like the battle in the forest.

8. jesse685

jesse685 Active Member

Starscreamer217, probably frenzy rumble doesn't want to spoil the TF3 secret before release day, that's why he didn't want to write it in.

Jesse685

P.S. "The Allspark Experiment" is only exclusive to the Blu-Ray version of TF2.

9. Dirt Boss

Dirt Boss Constructicon

Your custom 'bot looks like a G1 constructicon.

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    no, I really didn't see anything about this on the disc, if someone can point me where I could find something like this, lemme know. It's possible Bay says somethign in a commentary somewhere, but like I said, I haven't watched all the commentaries yet.

11. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    There are extra scenes, there's a vid on Youtube that shows the Forest Battle with extra Imax scenes

And isn't it only Wal-Mart that gets these scenes ?

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yep, those scenes aren't on this version.

13. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Jolt 360 screenshots please! :D 

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    no jolt on there. Was surprised to see that too...
    I just want a CGI image of jolt, even the .01 seconds in HD, you still can't make him out. No arcee, ice cream twins, doctor, wheelie or sideswipe either....

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, FR said that the only Autobots with in-depth data/renders are Prime, BB, Jetfire, Ironhide, and the Twins. Of course we get the Twins instead of Sideswipe and Jolt.

So, what "history" is given about the Twins, given as they weren't actually in the TF lore prior?

16. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    WTF...ok then no need at all anymore for me to get the Blu-Ray. They botched the movie and now they did the same for the home video release as well. What happened to Bay saying the DVD of the first was lackluster??

17. Cuillere

Cuillere French Fries

News Credits:
    There are never seen before concept art ?

18. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, the extended IMAX scenes are exclusive to Walmart.

19. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Jesus you guys are making such a big damn fuzz for 5 seconds of extra Prime movement...

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    To: Frenzy_Rumble

wow, so know high rez 3d spins of Rampage....bummer. Well, what about the fallen and Soundwave, just what exactly can you share with us about concept art or high rez 3d, that is included on this 2nd disc? :p