Revealer/Deluxe + Powerizer/Voyager

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Feb 24, 2012.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Why are Revealer/Powerizer figures referred to as such yet there's no such mention anywhere on the packaging? Packaging still says Deluxe/Voyager class on the back...

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Supposedly, they were Hasbro internal terms that somehow leaked out to the fandom. The official names are still Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, etc.

Yeah, it's weird.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're the gimmick classifications that Hasbro was originally only using internally, but then decided to use in conjunction with the existing size classes. For whatever reason, the gimmick classifications is how they got labeled in some store computers.

However, the Weaponizer term is actually a new size class and is in fact not the same as Leader the way most of us naturally assumed it would be. Supposedly, according to Hasbro, it'll be a new size that falls between Voyager & Leader and will be cheaper than what Leaders typically cost.

It's all in a video somewhere here taken from the Toy Fair where some Hasbro rep explains the "why" of these new terms and how they do or don't affect existing size classes.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I'm asking because apparently some stores won't acknowledge Revealers are Deluxes (even though it's mentionned on the packaging) when they price toys that don't scan.

5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

It's very silly, especially given the idea that the FE figures were cancelled to make way for the Revealer molds when the toys in no way advertise any sort of revealing technology.

6. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I noticed this too just the other day. I continue to call them Voyager and Deluxe I think the new labels are lame and confusing anyway.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Stores "know" about it. It's a reason for stores to buy them. And if kids like the head reveal gimmicks, then they may buy more. It's not as silly as you think, but Hasbro could be marketing it more.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's the Solicitation name.

Curiously if you got by the packaging then what people call Classics is actually also called "Robots in Disguise" but we all took to using it's solicitation name over the packaging details.

Argos seem to have changed the name back now so even they are no longer using it and they pretty much solidified it's fandom use after the Argos Catalogue came out in the UK. But it seems that the other terms do appear in many places Internationally.

I wait with interest to see if Weaponizers have leader or Weaponizers written on the box. But it's not a bad way to refer to them at least you don't have to call them RID if you talk about Weaponizers,Powerizers and Revealers and it also filters out the Takara Micron Arms toys too.

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I call them Revealers because everyone knows what I'm talking about when I say that.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Why is the line called RID? Even the case box says Transformers Prime.

Hasbro needs to tighten their ship.

11. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I don't recall where i saw it, but i did see a case pic with word weaponizer on it, not leader.
    The dx & voy cases do say "deluxe" & "voyager".
    I remember the same confusion when "basic" became "scout", "mega" became "voyager", "super" became "leader".
    Edit:
    It was a pic from toyfair weaponizer display.
    The sample package on wall has "weaponizer class series 1" on it.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The line's not called RID, that's just the the subname for the Deluxe/Voyager/Weaponizer classes. Kind of like how "cyberverse" is the subname for legions and commanders.

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The classes are:

Cyberverse Legion
    Cyberverse Commander
    Robots in Disguise Deluxe
    Robots in Disguise Voyager
    Robots in Disguise Weaponizer

I saw a video from Toy Fair where someone from Hasbro (I think it was the marketing director) confirms that revealer/powerizer are internal only and were accidentally placed on information going out to the stores. It's a neat video as it shows Bulkhead's mace spins when you extend it out.