Reveal the Shield Legends Starscream review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Red leader, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I will have to get this next the WST starscream but for £6.95 on import its a nice figure, some good detail coupled with a neat transformation make it a winner, its only detracting feature is the lack of forward movement in the thighs ( they only move side to side )

legscream1.jpg

legscream2.jpg

legscream3.jpg

legscream4.jpg

legscream5.jpg

legscream6.jpg

2. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Great review. I love these new Legends. I still don't know why they couldn't paint his head black, though. :/

3. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

He'll look great perched on the shoulder of Bruticus.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    no forward movement in the hips? thats ridiculous. I don't know if I can buy this one if thats true.

How are they being restricted? Are they on a balljoint with a piece of plastic in front keeping them from moving or are are they just a sideways moving swivel joint?

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like they managed a great smirking facesculpt. Impressive at this scale!

6. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Looks fantastic for a Legend, Hasbro has really upped their game with these guys

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Wouldn't be a first for a Legends class figure...

8. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I think it might be a better idea to ignore the Reveal the shield stuff in general and these in particular if the Japanese ones come with proper logos.

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I thought Legends Starscream's head would be painted black for its release. Not to call you out, Red Leader, but I think you got a test shot of the toy.

Anyway, I'm definitely getting this guy. Now if Hasbro could just release the inevitable Thundercracker and Skywarp repaints...

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we've seen them in-package both ways. Maybe a running change like Duststorm.

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Looking forward to my order of these great looking figures :D 

12. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine on friday and can confirm that it is indeed not painted black. Fresh out of the package with a grey head.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Interesting little figure. I was really expecting not to be impressed but his entirely new type of transformation has won me over. Sure it leaves his legs hanging out at the sides of jet mode, but there's something fresh about the whole thing, even though I'm usually a champion for new versions of G1 characters to closer ape their old transformation schemes.

His nice little head with the black helmet and tiny smirk are perfect. The jet nosecone pokes out of the back of his head and can be used to turn his head left and right. Since it can flip up in robot mode too I can see it being the basis of Conehead repaints, hopefully with different wing shapes though.

The arms have a good range of shoulder movement so he can point his arm guns up at stinkin' Autobots and blow them away.
    His chest is nicely designed with classical details but features a false cockpit. However the jet mode cockpit is hidden behind it in robot mode so it's not as obvious.

The hips feature joints which only work for transformation and mean the legs can't bend forward. Looking at the joint it would've been better with a ball joint fixed to the wing behind it and a slot along the top of the thigh to allow for at least a straight forward bend as well, but perhaps that might've made the part weaker. Dunno. At least he's got knee joints, so he's not as stiff as the RtS Legends Optimus is when it comes to doing dance.
    His feet are slightly molded in a stance, which always bugs me, but it's not as extreme as the Optimus had.

Paint apps are decent enough, although I think I'd have liked another set of red stripes on the underside of the wings for show in robot mode.

All in all I'm happy. He gives me a new transformation scheme, and apart from the lacking hip joints he's got a nice array of bends to him.
    Jet mode is clean apart from the legs peeking out from the sides, but it's still good enough that looking at it makes me want to zoom him around the airspace above my desk seeking out stuff to clusterbomb.

*pew-pew*

14. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    great transformation. kinda weird to have a G1 starscream that does something new. So happy that he has the black head! recommended.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Duststorm has another colour head type ?

I never knew that.

I think the grey head has the advantage of looking better on the jet mode than a black one does - and would probably not mind a grey head at all.

But the one I got has a black head.

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Finally found one at the discount store near me. Completely different transformation, which I thought was fun to see something new. Both modes are solid, excellent figure.

17. LesterX

LesterX Banned

The one I bought, as well as all the starscreams in the store, had black heads. Sucks to be whoever got the unpainted ones.

18. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I was never a fan of legends, I can't lie