Reveal the Shield Fallback..............sigh

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Red leader, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Our interest went after all of 6 pictures which tells you all you need to know really. Fallback isnt a bad toy at all, infact the mold is fantastic and we are big fans of movie Brawn but the problem here is that they havent really done anything apart from paint him in a lame desert camo which isnt a patch on the original Brawn paint job.

As a standalone his articulation is great, he comes with twin pistols and an old school style shoulder gun but its let down by the fact he could have been so much more, a new head would have been '' G1 Outback'' and this guy would be selling, as it stands he is destined to shelf warm which is a shame.

fb1.jpg

fb2.jpg

fb3.jpg

fb4.jpg

fb5.jpg

fb6.jpg

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Now that I've finally got Jazz and Tracks out of the way, I do plan on getting Fallback. But I've only seen him at K-Mart for $12.99... fuck that, I'll wait until Wal-Mart finally gets him in and pay the usual $10 for him instead.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually think the head is more Outback than Brawn (animation-model-wise), plus the guns support Outback's function (gunner). Don't know what I'm going to do with my movie Brawn, but this is the first "straight repaint" I've ever bought and he's joining my Classics Autobots. I'm a sucker for anyone who was in FFOD.

4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on his colors, I was actually thinking of picking him up and using him as Stranglehold alongside Bludgeon and Skullgrin...

5. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I might end up getting him. It's a decent enough mold. But there's other repaints I need to pick up first. Skullgrin and cliffjumper. Then we'll see about Fallback.

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got him for $9 from HTS, and am pleased. I like the color layout in bot mode quite a bit.

And I think Firetrap makes a better Brawn than Brawn. Will probably end up buying him.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I've got Botcon 05 Fallback as my Outback. This guy is going to be my Sandstorm, along with Tomahawk as Whirl and Universe Roadbuster as himself. More pseudo-Wreckers, hooray!

8. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Not sure he's worth picking up. Just a straight repaint of ROTF Brawn. Maybe i'll pick him up.....if I get board.

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The color scheme just screams armada demolishor to me

10. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got him in my Pile of Loot- not at the top of my wants list, but it came with a set.
    i have brawn, so having Fallback in Bot mode next to him will make for a decent display.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I missed my chance to buy Brawn at retail (despite seeing it multiple times), and BBTS had him for a low price. Those are the main reasons I'm buying it.

12. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    It is down to $8.49 this week at Target (stores near me) and I don't think they would be going anywhere anytime soon. These should be warming shelves soon...

13. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw like 4 Brawns at Grocery Outlets out here for $7.99

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    They already are. One local Target put out 3 cases of RTS Wave 1. Every single Jazz and Tracks are gone. While every single Fallback and Mindset have not been touched. Six of each of them...I mean not one has been touched.

15. buzzsaw84

buzzsaw84 Well-Known Member

Anyone take the guns and give them to Animated Arcee?

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I need this mold for a custom, so the more "earthy" tones actually will benefit me more than the original Brawn would have.

17. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'd like to get him as I was thinking swapping the pistols would look good - I never did appreciate that the hands and guns were the same color on Brawn.

I like the colours on the vehicle as he looks like the sort of Vehicle the Italian Army uses/used in Iraq as an Military Police-mobile.

I still wonder if at some stage of development the mould was supposed to have windows in the chest ? - they look really empty with the big holes in his chest.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed on that, the colors and head/face sculpt look like a modernized match. I think Fallback looks cool, but I have my reservations since I bought ROTF Brawn a while back, I like that, but wish Fallback went beyond being just a mere repaint.

I do think it looks more appealing than Mindset though.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That's actually the "Mech Alive" gimmick. When the sholder joint moves up and down, the giant "Wheel" that they are connected to moves as well inside the body. The big holes are to let the gimmick be seen in motion.

20. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I picked one up yesterday. He's not bad. Nice tight joints for the most part. One of the knee pad, front end pieces flops a little in robot mode, but the rest of him is tighter than my brawn is at this point. I like the desert look in vehicle mode, but like most recent toys, he could have used some more paint apps. Oh well. He's a decent mold. Nice for those who missed Brawn, but cool enough on his own.