Reveal the Shield due Spring 2011 for the UK

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red leader, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Got some product info about the new Reveal the Shield line, its apparently due next spring 2011 so nothing up until then which is pretty hard to believe however with the new movie coming up and Xmas round the corner I suppose its plausible.

As for Generations its confirmed as over ( at least for 2010) in the UK ending with wave 2.

This is not rumour this was confirmed by the Hasrbo rep themselves, the phasing plan produced showed Generations ends after Wave 2 with Stealth Force being the line pushed through the holiday period.

Cheers all

Andy :) 

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Spoonatron

Spoonatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's good to know that we'll be getting Reveal the Shield over here. Not happy that Generations is over over here and that Stealth Force is being given such a big push. Surely kids would prefer Transformers that transformed into robots.

Any word on the later waves of PCC? I'm not a huge fan of them but I wouldn't mind the Dinobots set.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Not ever seen any Generations in stores in my town. I had to get wave one ordered in especially by a little toyshop here.

I suppose at least it's nice to know we'll be getting Reveal the Shield here eventually. Although by that time most of us will have probably just imported them before Hasbro changes their minds about it and sends more Stealth Force instead. Because that's what we're really desperate for over here, right?

But then I don't wanna turn this thread into the usual Hasbro-bashing thread that occurs when we get UK release news. :p 

4. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

Yes, finally we have conformation that the line will be released over here. Sad news about the Generations line thought. I think i know the answer to this but does anyone know if the new Kup figure is in the Generations line or Reveal the Shield.

5. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

we'll be getting Reveal the Shield?
    Sounds amazing!
    Wait & see guys!

6. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kup and Scourge come under Generations.

Not a huge surprise to see Hasbro UK cutting another line off at the knees, but to push Stealth Force for the next 4-5 months when it's not exactly flying off the shelves at present seems to be a little short-sighted.

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Maybe they're hoping that with nothing else TF new to buy people will have to buy Stealth Force instead to fulfil the TF Christmas wishes of their children.

8. cosmos360

Yep, i knew it, and i bet the new G2 Prime will be released in that line too. Looks like i'll be pre-ordering them from Toyz and Gamez.

9. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More than possible*, but what happens between Christmas and March/April?

* Except for already seeing more than a few kids and parents pick these up instore, pushing the button and seeing a look on their faces which said "Is that it?!?" But it might work as a desperation stocking filler.

EDIT -
    Nope, looks like G2 Prime is coming out under Reveal the Shield.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  10. cosmos360

That's good, i've just seen the pre-orders for Kup and Scourge on Toyz and Gamez website (both under the Generations section), £15.99 each. I think i might just get Kup. Also, they're shipping date is for December.

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    See what Kapow might be offering them at. Support the fine sponsor of this very site. Both Kapow and Toyz and Gamez are based in Norwich so it's not like you'd be getting it mailed from any further away. They probably stand next to each other in the Post Office queue. :p 
    New waves of Stealth Force of course. :p  They are the hot Transformer toys after all.

I've seen the 'Is that it?' look on kids and parents' faces too when they encounter those toys.

12. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Well as much as us collectors dont seem to like it Stealth Force is going down a storm with kids.

The sad facts are Hunt for the Decepticons is selling like dirge and shelf warming, Generations is over and PCC hasnt seen any release since Wave 1 ( Officially Asda imported Wave 2) and we're not likely to either.

TRU have PCC on clearance already which is never a good sign for any line let alone one in its infancy, its quite possible they may well feel burned by TF's due to the high volume of ROTF and Animated clogging up the shelves, activity at Hasbro uk is seemingly at an all time low with no news on anything TF wise coming out of the place, even Star Wars has been behind this year, Clone Wars is now the only widespread line with Vintage being TRU and import only.

I have been asking at UK wholesale level for news on these products for the last 3 months and apart from confirmation of RTS and the cancellation of Generations there is nothing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  13. cosmos360

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This is why I stopped relying on the high street for TFs and went with Kapow and other online stores instead. Releases are too bloomin' hit or miss over here at the best of times.

15. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Yes :D !

16. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like I'm sending (even) more business Kapow's way then.

17. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

For me, the days of the hunt are effectively over...rather give my money to Andy, and rest easy in the knowledge that plastic crack will come to me, instead of wasting my time on the High Street.

(Hence the order made this morning with Kapow for Generations Dirge and Thunderwing. :thumb )

18. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Ah well, I'll just keep buying online then.

19. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

So Hasbro-U.K has F*&%ed us over again! What about WFC Soundwave!?. what was the point in brining out only the first 2 waves. Hasbro-U.K obviously doesn't care about its custumers, if they did the would give them what they want. Not cut the line short!!. Its ROTF all-over again. O.k I'm excited about RTS but why cut another F-ing-good- toy line! Don't they relize not everyone can aford to by on-line, what bunch of Sh&t heads!

20. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Methinks as of now I'll be sticking to ordering stuff online rather than go to actual retail outlets, as their respective ranges of stock are pitiful at best...

Have already got stuff on order from Kapow Toys, as I am tired of waiting for Hasbro to get a shift on; to be honest, i've got more chance of having my cancer come back than I have of seeing Hasbro learn from their woeful mistakes and give us what we crave so badly..

UJ