reveal the shield battle in space rodimus and cyclonus 2-pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by siksky1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. siksky1

siksky1 A boot ur mum

Ebay:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    video is private!

3. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

:useless 

4. siksky1

siksky1 A boot ur mum

Ebay:
    sorry please try again

5. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my set in the mail today from BBTS. The colors are amazing (still haven't opened the box). Sadly my Matrix of Leadership has a mold defect in that the right hand loop that you could put a chain through looks like it didn't get enough metal in the pour and is super thin;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was intending to throw a chain on it and wear it but I am worried the loop would break with any amount of pressure on it. I have an email off to BBTS and hopefully they can get me a replacement matrix.

Also of note, the rub sign on Rodimus is horribly misaligned. Cyclonus's is perfect. Man it bugs me. Jazz and Tracks were way crooked too. Have another post talking about possible methods to fix the rub signs. Might try a hairdryer but I am pretty worried.

General feedback so far;

Rodimus: Aside from the rub sign looks really nice. I like the grey they used for the face, hands, and shoulders. The red is definitely RED. It's no maroon like Classics Rodimus which I also own. I like the yellow spoiler. Sadly the flame designs on the chest are a bit hard to see because the yellow flames and orange background are quite close to the same color. The missile is REALLY blue and red.

Cyclonus and Nightstick: AWESOME. I would be far fetched to find a problem with these two. Cyclonus colors are perfect for the G1 mimic. The silver on the face and chest of Cyclonus as well as face and legs of Nightstick just shines and looks awesome. Beautiful hue of purple on Cyclonus. If I were to make one minor gripe it would be that I would have liked to see some red on the shoulders and knee vents like the Universe mold had. That is very minor though.

For aprox $20 plus shipping I say pick this set up but check for properly aligned rub signs and that you don't get a bum matrix like me. I will toss up some additional pics once I hear back from BBTS about what I need to do for replacement (send back just Matrix or the whole set)

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    This should be in the video feedback, but I can't complain, I normally post things in the wrong section :D 

7. GRIP 86

GRIP 86 Active Member

Nice review man

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    So, is this set a store exclusive? Or full retail?

9. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    At least Target and Amazon, probably not exclusive at all.

10. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

mine arrived today

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Pardon?

12. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh man... I gotta hit up a Target tomorrow then... I'm crazy about that cyclonus... And adding a cartoony Rodimus won't be so bad either... It'll go good with my wall mounted Henkei roddy & Protector-ed up classics roddy. 2011 sure is looking pretty good..

13. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    So upon open box examination;

The quality of this set (at least mine) is way sub par to the original releases. Besides my bum matrix the set has the following QC issues;

Rodimus: Misaligned Rub Sign (though the sign is easily removed) and extremely loose shoulder joints. I will need to use some generous super glue on the joints to keep them from popping off during transformation. Missile Launcher internal shooting mechanisms are a bit wonky and seem "cheaper" and more prone to breakage than Classics Rodimus.

Cyclonus: Joint that connects the arm to the swing joint on the side is useless. As soon as you disconnect the shoulder to transform into jet mode the arm pops off the swing joint. I can't get it to stay on. I am hoping I can fix this with super glue.

Overall: In general the decor and value is there for this set, but the QC is sourly lacking, at least on my set. Be careful when selecting to make sure you have aligned rub signs and a solid Matrix. Don't know how you could judge the QC from outside the package but buyer beware.

Also the comic is pretty neat. I enjoyed it. Really cool little lost side story during the 86 movie.

UPDATE:

I figured out a fix for Cyclonus shoulder that does not require using Super Glue. The connecting peg has a screw in it. On the one shoulder I guess the screw was put in too tight which made the peg contract and not be tight enough to hold the arm on the joint. The tighter the screw is the looser the shoulder will fit over the peg (and likely fall off whenever moved such as mine). It appears to expand the more you loosen the screw making it (the peg) bigger. Put the arm joint over the peg while is is still loose and tightly screwed. Then take a precision screw driver and slowly unscrew the pegs screw until the arm will no longer pop off the peg. Wala - fixed Cyclonus. I still think its bad QC but at least its fixable.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  14. ThornOfUnicron

ThornOfUnicron Well-Known Member

That is one of the reasons I basically dislike rubsigns besides thinking they are an eyesore and pointless is that they are most of the time not lined up properly either with the figure itself or the grey/silver border is wider on one side that and I just prefer having the actual faction symbol

Do you think I'd be better off looking for one of the 3 pack's with cyclonus and hot rod along with galvatron over this one since they are virtually the same anyway?

15. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think the 3 pack was a convention exclusive.. You could probably get it off of eBay for crazy stupid eBay price... However I could be wrong and it could be a retailer exclusive... But if memory serves me correct... I think eBay is your best bet..

16. ThornOfUnicron

ThornOfUnicron Well-Known Member

Well ebay is one of my main sources of purchase these days and I am used to getting transformers overpriced being where I live and all lol

so no problems there, I have seen it on ebay a few times which is how I knew bout it but I was holding off getting it cause I heard the galvatron figure wasn't very good.

17. sixpointsinspace

News Credits:
    The "Shields" actually come off pretty easy with a fingernail and don't damage the paint underneath (Rodimus's has already been removed). It would probably be cheaper to get this set and then buy some reprolabels to stick on after removing the shields. That is what I am doing :) 

18. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, if I were you, I'd try to go ahead and just grab the 2 pack... I've seen some reviews on the 3 pack's galvatron... In his Bot mode he looks pretty good & show accurate for the most part... The snow-tank look however... Doesn't look so hot... Just my opinion..

Btw does anyone know what states these 2 packs have been sighted in? I'd like to know so I can figure when to expect them here in Louisiana... Got a few targets in my area that are pretty good with getting stuff on time...

19. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Cyclonus is like that too. He could not transform, I had to take him apart and flip the little elbow piece. He can transform now, but has a backwards shoulder in robot mode, but the hand is in the right position....so I'm guessing he got two of the same part.

20. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    So... this set is an exclusive to Target?