Revamped Movie Starscream *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Oct 12, 2006.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think it is worth saying that what the movie Starscream is lacking is the identifiable coolness factor that StarScream has had in every generation. With all the differant versions he has always managed to be the coolest Bot of them all.

So I thought what was the chief problems with the Main movie concept and then I tweaked em and I think they are redicuously close to the best version of StarScream yet seen. And yes the head was first to be changed.

[​IMG]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53238992@N00/268035188/

I normally dont post but the Movie StarScream is killing my enthusiasm for this movie so i had to post the one above and here is the original below for comparison
    [​IMG]

regards
    Vektsilver

2. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Your revamp is way cooler. Nice job.

3. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

I understand what you are trying to do.... but the aesthetics of the body just do not match up with the "traditional" look of transformers. It looks like frakenstein. Lol

I'm not hatin', but I am saying that I hope he doesn't end up looking like that in the movie :p  Look at those teenie feet!

4. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

Well, aside from your additions being a hair on the large side, I would say that your is a much improved design. Heck, I'd be willing to like it.

WAL

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think what needs to be said is that I was trying to go for the current concept and move somewhere between that and what we want as Fans. Movie studios dont get the hint if you radically depart from there vision but sort of help it along. Starscream is one of the few characters to be fully CG from what i last knew so just mild changes would have a huge differance overall on the character.

A good example is i have a differant version of the head where he is more like bumblebee/Jazz when it comes to the features of the face under the eyes and mouth to keep in style with the concept that metal mouths dont bend. However I realize that would be the first big point of critcism and what I hate to say the overall stature of the character is more important. Starscream is not a low to the ground ape-ish bot he is alot more grand and svelt as many have said before I.

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Kinda like this?

[​IMG]

I think the big concern for the film team is the fact that a more traditional Starscream would be much taller than the other bots. Hence the squat "gorilla" design. Frankly, I don't care if Starscream is taller than the others. He's a jet. A jet makes for a tall bot. So be it, I say.

7. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Nice try, but no matter what you do with it, that movie design for Starscream is just flat out terrible.

We've got Alien Ovapositor Megatron, Emo Prime, Davy Jones Bumblebee, and weirdo Starscream.

SIGN ME UP!

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like the way you have redone the legs. They look so much better straightened out than they do in that chicken-walker style.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Sorry but no, but at least it's better than Masterpiece StarScream!

10. Thontor

Thontor Well-Known Member

revamp looks too humanoid to me.. give me alien robots damnit

11. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I don't really like it. I don't think there is a way to compromise here, I do think there is a much better way to do a realistic movie star scream that doesn't look like a monkey bug.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:lol 

Winner.

13. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

dunno why but after you did that i kinda like the movie version more then the weird 80's cartoon/movie hybrid you created.

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    That's a better concept foo Starscream.

15. phreakybot

phreakybot Well-Known Member

I like it

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well the main thing is, that's not actually the design that will be in the movie, that's the concept model for the action figure. Those long, 'finger' things won't be in the film as they're toy missle things that shoot from his hands. The only thing I like about the 'modified' SS that was posted was the straight legs, but as stated before SS already towers over other bots. If he had straight legs he would be nearly twice the size of OP.

The movie SS design in and of itself isn't *bad* persay, I just don't feel it fits with SS. And unless a major overhaul was done to the entire design it will still be wierd as SS IMO. I just hope the CG version looks better then the figure.

17. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Where's everyone getting the idea that Starscream will tower over everyone? MP Starscream actually shrinks when going from jet to robot according to what I've read. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to give him an acceptable robot mode that's in scale with the others given that he'll have thousands of moving parts and the benefit of a big budget design team.

18. Majin Tenshi

Majin Tenshi Member

Consider the amount of empty space in a car. Inside the cab, and don't forget the trunk. Depending on the type of car only a fraction of it's volume as viewed from the outside can actualy be maintained in the final form. Lets say that you have to throw out 1/3 to 1/2 of the volume.

Now look at a jet fighter thats allready several times the size of the other vehicles. There is a claustrophobic cockpit that holds one to two people, and the rest of it is machine and can be used in the transformation.

Theres only so much that creativity can do without throwing physics out the window.... which they've promised not to do.

19. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

stupid physics...

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They'd all look much cooler with "normal" heads (normal for TFs.) I don't know why they felt they had to go a "less cartoony" route with something that isn't even real anyway.