Reused footage

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, Jun 27, 2009.

1. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Michael Bay is known for being cost efficient, getting the US armed forces to help out and shooting multiple sets simultaneously. One trick is to reuse relatively unimportant footage (The aircraft carrier scene in TF1 was taken from a previous film).

Did anyone notice footage from TF1 in ROTF? I thought one shot of the interior of a plane looked like its from TF1.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The first shot of Decepticon protoforms coming down to earth was the same shot from the Autobot's arrival.

I think they reused the predator drone rocketing over the dunes (with rockets!) too.

3. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

The UAV scene where they were trying to locate Lennox' team. The shot where the camera was behind UAV and it was flying towards the desert hills was the same exact scene from TF1 where they used a UAV to find Scorponok, I swear to god. I noticed it immidiately.

4. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya same.

5. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was more curious as to why they re-used actors that were in minor roles in the first film again in this film as different characters. I assume they were different characters anyway. The Bully from Sams high school was at uni hanging about with the fat kid who witnessed one of the autobots landing in the first film and the guy in charge of the army base Blackout destroyed was in quite a prominant role in this film. I thought he was killed in the first film, was this a diff character or did he survive Blackouts attack?

6. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Fan Theory:

Same character. He survived Blackout's attack, and due to his "previous experience" with Transformers he was placed in a high ranking position within NEST.

*shrug*

7. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

The fat kid was a different actor, my seven year old niece was quick in pointing that out. I thought so too, but apparently the kid from the first movie was on Hannah Montana, and this kid was not, that's the only way she knows. I don't know, but that's what she tells me. Also, the kid from the first one doesn't appear in the credits, but that doesn't mean anything.
    I also noticed the Scorponok footage and the arrival to earth footage. Other than that I only noticed they reused a Soundwave clip.

8. Tragesty

Tragesty Well-Known Member

Yeah the predator going down the desert was the exact same as the one when it was looking towards Scorponok and his attack - noticed it straight away. Didn't like they reused that scene but meh, I was probably the only one in the cinema to notice.

Also in the first movie when they're coordinating an attack where Scorponok is, the interior of the plane looked the exact same as when they were getting ready for an attack in this film. I don't think they used the same footage (I didn't notice any old lines) but the interior is the same.

9. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Bumblebee, when he shoots at kitchen bots...

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I was thinking they confirmed that he survived the attack, hence his now prominent position.

11. duster

duster Well-Known Member

another reusing of footage was done with soundwave's scenes. the 1st was when wheelie transmitted that he located the shard to soundwave while he was hovering around earth then the same footage but different audio was reused when soundwave sends out the command for the cons to mobilize.

12. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Judy: "Wow. you are so cheap."

It really bothers me to see such cheap tactics in a high-budget film. Bay might consider his own work disposable "summer fun", but I'd like something that holds up to multiple viewings. The most cheap tactic for me though was when he reused a CGI shot of Prime from just a minute prior by flipping and reversing it. Such a cheap editing trick has no place in a $200m film, and just goes to show how rushed this film was. Talk about embarrassing.

13. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    I think the sequence where it shoed the Con's crashing into major landmarks as protoforms (It was in the trailer) is directly taken form Armageddon. I could be wrong though.

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. I noticed that immediately too. The Soundwave one was ok because it was used at two far away points in the movie, but to reuse and just flip a shot within a minute is sad. The quality of that shot also seemedblurry and unfinished.

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    My girlfriend started cracking up at the stock footage of planes that were used on the aircraft carrier. She said "Nice Discovery channel footage" or something like that.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The protoforms to Earth scene was the same with more protoforms.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The guy that leads the SOCCENT base in 1 is not the same guy in ROTF...Yes, it's the same actor, Glenn Morshower, but in 1 he's called Colonel Sharp, in 2 he's called Colonel Morshower (like his real name).

I have no idea why they do this kind of stuff..it's a bit lame (even though I think the guy has onscreen charisma).

18. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I guess you can't have a Transformers series or movie without stock footage.

19. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    Where is that in the movie?

20. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    not the same shot

it that is the type of shit that really "bothers you" then you have serious issues. if that type of stuff didn't go on then the movies would cost a hell of alot more than 200M to make. Did it really make you want to get up during that part, throw your hands up and say.. fuck it... bay is cheap and rushed it. I'm outta here!

not the same either.