Returning my first TF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Altimus Prime, May 11, 2006.

1. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

For the first time today I returned a Transformer to the store.

It was Cybertron Soundwave.

Bought it on the name alone, which being a child of the 80s carries a lot of nostalgia weight with me. But the figure... ugh. Just some robot stuff tacked onto a chunk of blue plastic. And the fact it would NOT go back into its "jet" mode ruined the deal. What a waste. I will miss Laserbeak, that was neat. I considered trying to return Soundwave and "oops, Laserbeak must've been overlooked," but decided against it.

On the plus side, I do have a full set of the Micromaster Railbots waiting for me to pick up tomorrow. :D 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow... I can't believe you gave up on it so quick... you're really gonna regret it! The first two times I TF'd SW, I had problems lining things up, but now, I transform him in minutes with no hangups, and it all lines up perfectly!

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    So was Soundwave your first ever TF? Or just the first time you've ever returned a TF? Your wording could mean either.

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

You gave up to easily. if you read past post we pretty much all had problems with him at first and then got him working fine. go back and rebuy him dude.

5. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Minutes? :peoples: 

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Soundwave is probably the best figure in the line and you returned it? wow...i mean...i could see returning Brimestone or shortround....they suck.

7. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Not my first TF. Had 'em back in the 80s, have 'em again.

I tried. I really tried. I wanted to like this guy. I wanted to have a nice new update of the classic fig. But it just wasn't working.

I read a thread I found on Cyberton Soundwave. I figured out how to get the head in the right position. But no matter how I tried, what I did, the jet just would not go back together. And I don't need that kind of aggravation for $20.

The last fig I bought in the Cybertron line was Downshift, and I love him! The vehicle mode, quite different for a TF, attracted me. And I like that when in robot mode, it looks like a car turned into a robot. Not all Autobots have that "look." You know, when they go to robot, you can barely tell they were a car. Not with this guy.

The cash I spent on Soundwave I'll glady put down tomorrow for the Railbots.

I did buy Cyb. Optimus, but I do have a preference for the smaller TFs. Undermine and Repugnus are drawing my attention. I may have to get one of those. Since the Dinobots, I've had a thing for dino... uh, bots, I guess. ;) 

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I know it's your opionion of the toy and it's your $20 but still.....

Ya screwed up, dude. Soundwave is f'n awesome and with a little practice, eventually goes back into jet mode.

9. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Yes!! Screw Brimstone (and Thundercracker)! I'd probably hate Shortround too if I could find one....:rolleyes2 

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

It's really not that hard to Transform. Returning an opened toy becasue you don't like it is kind of weak.

11. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    not everyone agrees that soundwave is great. i don't think he's good either. i am sorely disappointed in the figure completely. it takes a special kind of crap for that.