Returning figures. (mini rant)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kwickstrike, Jul 16, 2009.

1. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    There will be cursing in this rant.

This is all just my opinion. if it abides by store rules so be it. i still disagree

personally i find that returning figures is extremely fucked up. unless the toy is broken or some way not right, you shouldnt be allowed to return figures

im not gonna to say names, but ive read about people on here that buy a figure, transform it, dont like it and return it.

WTF people.

that to me is class "a" bull shit.

it would be like going to a card store buying a pack of pokemon cards and returning them, for a full refund beacuse youu didnt get your charizard.

just because YOU happened to not like the fucking outcome doesnt mean the store should be at fault. when u return stuff they more than likely throw it away. which means there losing money.

THE WORST THING IS!!! some kid would have bought that toy and loved it to death. now since there is one less that kid may not have a chance of getting it.

transforming transformers is the fun of the toys. if you buy a toy and return it after transforming it once, its almost the equivalent to stealing.

im sure i got my point across but just in case ill restate it,

i dont think you should be able to return a perfectly good transformer if YOU personally dont like it

and if u feel like u wasted 20 bucks, tough shit!

next time watch a review first u impulsive bastard

so this ended up being longer than expected. but i feel my point came across strongly

EDIT: also swapping, exchanging for a not so loose one, taking one part off and returning, returning wrong thing and stealing are all fucked up

2. newguy

newguy i

If i buy a stupid TF it becomes a partsformer. At the walmart there is 2 returned tfs and neither are transformed correctly. One is prime so i understand that, but pieces of the packaging are gone.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the return complies with store rules, there is nothing wrong with it.

But I do agree that returning a swapped toy, or a toy that does not comply with the store rules is indeed 100% wrong.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  4. ricky503

ricky503 Well-Known Member

I agree, to those who are skeptical about buying a figure read a review on it first prior to making a purchase. If you buy it and don't like it someone else on this forum may be interested in it. Don't be a cheap ghetto ass mofo!

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No they don't. Returns that aren't defective, if they're returned because a customer is dissatisfied or something, end up right on the store shelves again to be resold. As a matter of fact, sometimes even items that are defective go back on shelves when they should be returned for credit and destroyed.

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I mostly agree with the original poster here. I usually will look for reviews, pics online, etc before I buy a particular TF. If I like what I see, I'll search it out and buy it. If I dont like what I see, well that's obvious. If I do in fact find out that this really is a crap TF that I was completely mistaken about, well tough luck for me. My options are then to sell it on a forum or ebay or just keep the thing and shove it to the back of the shelve or something, or donate it to a toy charity.

Returning it after opening it and TF'ing it, just because it wasnt what I was thinking it was is utterly wrong imo. However, if it's still MISB and you have a change of heart, it's still 100% saleable and returning for a refund is perfectly acceptable. If it's broken or defective in any way, then right back to the store it goes.

7. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    yea.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i got to exchange treadbolt cause of a broken helmet......but to make sure wal-mart doesn't put it back on the shelf......he shall meet mr. hammer.....

i only return when a figure has a defect (two of the same fist etc.)......happens A LOT

9. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    depends on the place.i saw a man return a transformer, universe inferno completely perfect. he said he didnt like it.

the employee threw it away right in front of me. i asked him if i could have it and he said no due to store policy. but they were willing to throw it away instead of making some 14 year old kids day?

returning a perfectly fine transformer is fucked up

if i wouldnt of already had inferno i would have made a scene. a big scene.

im that type of guy.

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is nothing wrong with returning something because you are unhappy of the quality of it. It is up to the consumer to decide if they are inhappy with their purchase. As long as it is done in a reasonable time frame and everything is included from the original item you really have nothing to complain about.

However that being said if you find yourself doing returns often then maybe you should just accept that you do not like transformers. I honestly dont get all these people that were complaining they got caught up in the hype of the first movie and bought stuff they didn't like later. That is retarded. If you are that easily swayed by people opinions then you should not listen to feedback, reviews, or whatever. If your initial just is you dont like something then dont buy it. Thats why I dont own any gravity bots

11. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    hahahaha win

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hold on a sec... how can someone not like universe inferno????

13. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i think hes cool. not so cool that i couldnt believe someone out there doesn't like him

14. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recently returned ROTF Jetfire because it was a flaming pile of crap.
    BUT I made sure it was transformed EXACTLY as it was when I bought it, and I wire tied everything back into place and retaped it with little clear packing circles I have.
    I was rather proud of myself for how unopened it looked, for the very reason you stated..I knew some kid would buy it and love it to death. I could not read a review for it as I was one of the first to have it that I knew of. I had mine before Peaugh even.

Having said that. Coming across as a complete assclown because you disagree with something someone does, based on your complete and utter lack of experience is ignorant in the most extreme. Swapping out figures or taking parts out of a package is total crap. But returning a transformer that you are unhappy with after making sure it is still in great condition and that the packaging is still in perfect condition is a VERY different thing.
    If a consumer is unhappy with a figure and are willing to put in the time(took me over an hour to properly repackage Jetfire) then there should be no issue whatsoever in them returning it.
    Sounds like you bought a figure that was missing parts...sucks...but happens.

15. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

I know this angers me so much

16. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    ^^ sarcasm????

17. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

im with mechafire.. if the store has a return policy then i am not being fucked up or dishonest.

deal with it

18. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    ultra magnus didnt have to.

why do i

19. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because you are not Ultra Magnus.

20. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:  simplest greatest comeback ever