Returning Bubble Carded Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stune, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you do it?

Specifically, the instance is an RTS Perceptor who's Backpack tab snapped off.

Bought it at a target, still have everything in terms of Card and bubble, and could easily tape it back together if need be, but are there any special circumstances/tricks ways of sealing the bubble back?

Will retailers Take sealed up bubble cards back? I've never had to return a Deluxe or lower class of figure before.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    In the two intances I've ever had to return a broken toy, both were bubble carded. I just taped the bubble and made sure to point out was was broken.

3. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    It depends on the store, I've seen returned deluxes with the bubble hanging off the card. With me I just put tape on the corners of the bubble and I haven't gotten any rejections since

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only open three sides of the bubble on bubble-carded figures, leaving the bottom 'hinge' attached, so that the bubble is still connected to the card. On the rare occasion I need to return a broken/defective carded figure, I just use a small piece of tape to secure the top of the bubble back to the card, so it doesn't flop around when I'm carrying the figure. Then, I make sure to tell the returns desk people that it's opened and broken, although I don't usually specify what is broken, unless they ask.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Whenever I've had to return a bubble carded figure that was damaged or missing a part (from the factory not due to my own fault), I've simply put the figure back into the plastic tray insert and brought everything back in the bag it left the store in. I then explain that the figure was broken/missing a part when I opened it and I've had no problems getting a refund or exchange.

When it comes to a broken/missing part, I prefer not to seal the figure back up because I dont think the item should go back on the shelf, it should be sent back to the manufacturer or discarded (whatever the store's policy is on defective product). I feel that if the item is 're-sealed' there's a very good chance it'll end up back on the shelf. I also leave it unsealed so I can point out the problem to the customer service desk when I go to return the figure.

6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

It really shouldn't be a problem,especially if you still have the receipt.Just tape it up the best you can.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

The few instances I had to return a toy, due to a defect, I have had no problems. I've never tried to seal it back up. Throw all of it in a bag, plop it on the counter and tell them it is broken. No issues.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I do the opposite. I leave the top connected and remove the sides and bottom. That way gravity keeps it in the same position without tape. Plus, they nowadays have the plastic that wraps around the back, making it stay in place even better.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you're having to return a figure, you shouldn't have to put up much of a fight about it at Target. Target is pretty lenient with returns under or around $10. Tape it up, and return it. This is also what Hasbro Customer Support would tell you to do with a defective figure instead of sending it to them if you can.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here, the couple of times I've had to do this I just return the toy, card and bubble separate and tell them it's broken. They're suppose to mark it broken if you return it that way but sometimes re-taped stuff makes it back on the shelf when it shouldn't.

11. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Retailers won't care. I've taken back a HFTD Terradive due to the of the leg joints snapping clean off. No problems

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The last tf I had to return was Energon Rodimus and I just put it back in bubble without any tape. Walmart didn't give me any problems.

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it's broken, no reason to try to re-seal up the figure, they'll just give you a new one. I believe I've had to return 2 figures for a defect, most recently ROTF Arcee to Kohl's. I just brought it in the bubble/card, which was blatantly opened, along with one I picked out from their shelves, and they exchanged it no problem at all.

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i get what you meen when returning a product some stores request the packageing to be perfect what isnt possible in this case so there request is null and void

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Target is very forgiving with their return policy i know because i used to work there. In a case of an item that was damaged out of the package just take everything with you show them the damage and it should be fine.

16. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    since repackers can return a completelty different toy in the package which hits the floors again, with broken ones i just return in a bag with the packagin seperate likes others mentioned.

a worker will not repack it, will prob end up in a defective damage bin. if you repack it all up it could get over looked and hit the floor.

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

This exactly! When i worked at target as i mentioned when i was in the electronics department i had ipods that were defective that were repacked and returned that hit the floor and sold. Not a happy customer needless to say. Only repack when the item is resellable.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I tape that bitch up.

I tried to return a Star Wars toy to Target, and they wouldn't take it. Other than that, everything else has been smooth.

19. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Forget putting it back on the bubble; they'd take it back in a Leader box.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, I don't know about you guys, but recently I've had a bit of trouble trying to return things with a receipt let alone just dumping everything in a bag.