'Return Of The Jedi' - where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Thrawn Trilogy is a good place to start. I would have a look at some of the comic books too. The Republic line was really good, set during the Clone Wars. Also Legacy is fantastic its set 100+ years after ROTJ with the desendent of Luke, he turns out to be a badass smuggler and pirate.

The great thing about SW is it has such a huge amount of extra content thats just not available in TF

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Star Wars needs new blood. I suggest for the SW film producers to take a break from Skywalker family and focus on other characters. Kyle Katarn deserves a movie IMO.

3. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea. A new generation apart from Skywalkers/Solos, etc.
    To see what became of the universe after ROTJ through fresh eyes. :thumbs2: 

4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As long as it stays away from the abomination that the novels became, I'd be down for it. The Voghn or whatever they were called were interesting, but then the writers turned the ongoing story into complete crap by repeating the Prequel with the new generation of characters and killing off most of the interesting personalities in the process.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  5. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

My 2 biggest complaints about the novels (which I just got back into with Legacy Of The Force, NJO was EXCELLENT!!) is that Han and Leia didn't have a non-force sensitive kid. It was very, very annoying, (up until NJO that is) that it was like these 3 kids are invincible, and nothing can happen to them.

Also, am I the only one who CAN NOT STAND Mara Jade??

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Actually, I've thought about this, and I think a proper Ewoks animated series headed by Genndy Tartakovsky might be pretty cool. Basically, it'd take the cute out of ABC's series from the mid-80s and treat it more as a story about survival and being forced to step up to the plate when we'd rather do our own thing.

My idea is that the celebration of driving the Empire out of Endor turns out to be short-lived once the Rebels pack up and leave, because the explosion of the second, more powerful Death Star in such close proximity to the planet has slowly created a meteorological shift that results in what is, essentially, a nuclear winter for the Ewoks. Worse still, without Rebel protection, the change in environmental conditions leads the planet's most dangerous predatory life forms further inland scrounging for whatever food they can...and there's Ewok on the menu. Chirpa's village is razed during an attempt to fend off a wolfpack of monsters and Chirpa himself gravely injured. This leaves the tribe's only hope for survival on the shoulders of the formerly-reclusive Wicket, who was far more comfortable chucking rocks at Imperial Biker Scouts than attempting to lead an expedition through the icy woods to find the key to saving his people.

No cute moppet children, no whiny teenagers, no Wilford Brimley, and not a single bloody lightsaber to be seen.