Heavy/Scratch: Return of Alt Ultra Magnus! (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    A ways back, I began working on my first bash (unless you count the poor Tigatron I slaughtered when I was a lil'un). It started out as a modified Alt Prime, went to become Alt Magnus, and then was over-modified before it could get its armor on. He's ready for the junker bin, but I wasn't about to give up on the project.

I finally managed to grab myself a new Alt Prime, and the game plan's totally changed. The majority of the work's being done to the trailer/armor this time around. I'd prefer to design the armor to fit onto an unmodified Prime, but between getting the trailer to hook up to the truck and getting the new legs to hook into the bed, some minor modifications are going to be necessary.

The part list has changed drastically since the last armor design, but I'll probably look around to find the OpOp's hands and feet, and possibly the previous chestplate. My only issue now is that the OpOp helmet's way too small to make a decent head for this guy. Still, expect lots of planning before modification this time around. I don't want my guess-and-check method screwing up another Alt. ^^;

[ATT]4939[/ATT]

Here's a mock-up of the armor design. Plenty of areas, especially the shoulders, will have vastly different connections, but I just needed everything to fit about where it ought to. Modified Alt Prime for scale. ^^

Expected articulation at shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, hips, thighs, knees, ankles, neck and um. . . I suppose a bit at the waist. More info as it becomes available. ^^

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he's got longer leg proportions that Superion hehehe I hope you finish this one :p 

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    *chuckles*

When things start coming together, the shoulders will be higher up. After that, I suppose I ought to shorten the lower legs a bit. Hopefully that'll fix the proportions up nicely. He's a bit too lanky for an armored bot right now. ^^;