"Retro Pay Homage To The Birth" Mystery 3rd Party Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by toyworldjp, Dec 3, 2011.

1. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmmmm....so much for keeping a tab on factory intelligence.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Well THAT more or less just told us what it needs to about this figure. :eek: 

Hello MP Megatron V2... or at least a very good idea of what to expect. Holy shit.

Size definitely seems about right...

[​IMG]

More pics here: http://www.toyworld.jp/

If this is indeed somehow a leaked pic of the actual MP Megatron V2, I have to say that I really like it. Only iffy things that are jumping out are the closed fists with what appear to be no moving finger(s), the hip skirts cleverly being hidden in the pics, and the chest that no longer seems to compress in gun mode. But like someone else already said, it definitely looks like they took some cues from the Legends design when it came to reinventing the leg transform. I always hated the inner red coloring of previous G1-ish Megatron's, so it's cool that these will presumably be all black. And I'm pretty convinced that weird add-on thing is indeed the stock all folded up. Must mean there is also a silencer add-on that we can't see yet.

I really hope this is official and not some third party trying to beat Takara to the punch by using their own (Takara's) new design.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Yeah. I'm really impressed with this sucker. Looks like they're basically expanding on the RtS Legends Megatron transformation.

And honestly? I'm willing to compromise somewhat if it means getting a respectable robot AND gun mode. About the only thing I could maybe suggest is panels like on the MP to cover the lower torso in altmode; but add those, and maybe tweak the handle if possible (I don't know if it is, looking at that leg transformation), and it would be pretty much what I want in a G1esque Megatron.

4. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TCracker, I was thinking something similar.

I've got to admit, in the higher res size comparison shots, the head may be the best Megatron head sculpt I've seen. For a Voyager/Ultra Class class G1 Megatron, this thing looks amazing. A Voyager/Ultra Class that could cost $100+, maybe not as much. At least not when an MP V2 is so likely.

In the wake of a new Takara MP(probably), this thing won't have much of a purpose to me. The old hole-hands don't work for me in MPs and most TFs in general Still, I like a LOT of what they did here. I hope an MP goes in a similar direction with the transformation. This almost looks like it was based on the description of what TT is up to, but not their actual design. I base that observation on nothing.

Looks like the scope stays on during the transformation and swivels. I like that too. Good choice to sacrifice the gun mode proportions if one mode had to suffer. I need to see TT's answer to this.

5. General Tekno

News Credits:
    *realizes what you're saying*

....are you implying what I think you are?!? If so, HOLY.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Oh looks like another crap gun former, when are we going to get a good megatron with a proper alt mode like a tank.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooo, I like that size.

Confirmed for bought if the quality is good. If the hands are 5mm so I can use PE Ratbat's spear/sword with it, I'm going to like this even more.

8. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    if hes implying HASBRO was developing, wtf is it doing being pictured with tfc long haul... If its indeed something hasbro was developing, I need explanation about that because its the ONLY thing I care to know now.

9. General Tekno

News Credits:
    These aren't official pics.

Odds are whoever procured this figure has Heavylabor and used it for comparison photos.

Heck - by putting it next to a third party toy, we all assume it is one. So said action could be a smokescreen.

10. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Whole thing seemed like just another bullcrap teaser to me from the get go.. minus its quality.. ..and now tc's comments....

dunno what to think now.. cept id be disappointed if it were indeed the v2 megs, on many levels..

edit: in fact.. if this ends up being it, Im done with mps. Theyre just gonna make a few more repaints/remolds and call the line quits in 3 years anyway, mark my words.

11. damian_1349

damian_1349 Wrecker

I kinda like the proportions...yeah hes blocky but it gives him that whole ex-gladiator look in my opinion...yeah hes not perfect but I still like it alot...and now that we see that hes pretty big ill gladly get one

12. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

Looks to be about Ultra-sized and a nice fit for the MP Seekers, Grimlock, and PP01 Faith Leader, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing how iGear never delivered on their PP02 Horror Monarch (unless it turns out they are indeed behind this guy XD), color me very interested! They just need to fix the shoulder blocks a little and add some curvature to the pistol grip/shin pieces (similar to Classics/Henkei/United Megatron's legs), and now we're cooking with energon! If the scope/fusion cannon doesn't partsform and is indeed on a swiveling arm joint similar to MP-11's nullrays, that's a neat touch!

Pffft, tank Megatron. Do not want. In my day, Megs was a gun, carnsarnit!

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    gun mode = do not want

its a decent bot mode but dont like the legs either

maybe painted pics would convince me more to like it

14. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's close, but Ultra size would be in between the height of those two. He looks to be more or less exactly the height of MP Grimlock or MP-10 Prime given how big "Long Haul" is. Could be wrong of course, but that's what it looks like to me based on these current pics.

I have a feeling that IF this is the new MP Megs, the legs will be the big issue for people. The current comments already indicate that. Personally speaking, I'll take thicker all black legs any day of the week over the skinny crap we got with the G1 and original Masterpiece figures. Yeah it's "less accurate", but fact is that we'll NEVER get a perfect screen accurate Megatron due to the simple physics of reality vs. animation liberties not allowing it. Plus MP-10 (and MP-11) has some modifications that aren't dead-on screen accurate either, so having a bit of an update is all good in my opinion if 95% of everything else unmistakably embodies the character.

15. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I was under the impression that the Herc bots (especially Heavylabor) were on the bit on the short side as far as Voyagers go (they're just beefy). Eyeballing this potential not-Megatron, he looks more or less Ultra-sized rather than MP-10's (full-fledged) Leader size (MP Grimlock is a bit shorter than New Prime). Even if this Megs is the height of Grimlock, I'd be fine with that, though I'd prefer him to be of equal height to Faith Leader and the Seekers (which this kinda sorta looks like it will be, at least to me).

I do wonder if this is an official MP Megatron.... the inclusion of a Herc bot in the comparison photos should exclude that, not to mention the less than accurate shins/grip pieces. The swiveling arm scope (if it doesn't indeed partsform) is a nod to MP-11's nullrays though, not to mention TCracker's comment? Hell, I dunno what to believe anymore. XD

Need moar pictures/info!

16. TCracker

News Credits:
    This figure is ultra sized, no way up to the height of MP10

Just ask anyone with a Heavy Labor and put it next to MP10.

17. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The plot thickens. Thanks for chiming in, TCracker. =)

Hmmm, if this was an official MP, wouldn't HasTak try to make any theoretical future MP Megatron the same height and size as MP-10? Food for thought. XD

18. TCracker

News Credits:
    It is a prerogative

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah you might be right. I think I overestimated how big the Herc bots are. They are indeed smaller than Voyagers. So if that's the case, I guess we're not seeing an actual (stolen) official proto of MP Megs V2 here. Or if we are, it's a scaled down and slightly different version than what the official one will probably look like. But based on TCracker's comments earlier, I do believe we're seeing something VERY close to what the new Megs is going to look like. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

20. TCracker

News Credits:
    Very close? Not much. Some design cues are there.

Anyways, this will be the last post I make in this thread. I have a bullseye painted on my back by some idiotic troll.

Good luck in guessing further.