Retro Con

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Screamers, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Anyone selling have G1 Bludgeon inner robot for sale?

2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Negative here.

Anyone gonna have that 3rd Party Art Feather Bumblebee? I'd love to take a look at one up close. See if it's as snazzy as I hear.

3. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I recover in time from the bar crawl in Philly on Saturday, I'll be there. :) 

4. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All packed up and will get on the road once I get off work. Going to stop at a few places on the way up to see what they have

5. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks, I'd like to have a fan meet up in the lobby Saturday evening around 7:30.. I'm working on a voice actors project and I'd like to get as many fans involved as possible..Lets show these voice talents how much we love them!

_ _ _

One last blast at my friends! Retro Con is this weekend and for those can make it, I look forward to seeing ya!

Don't forget the Art Contest and Costume contest!!! You could win cool prizes and Retro Cash!

For those new to the area here's the GPS Info:

As the time for the show draws near, we wanted to give everyone a heads-up. We’ve been told that the Station Avenue address for the expo center doesn’t work with some GPS units/mobile apps. If this is the case with you, the expo center site recommends you use this address…

1601 Egypt Road Phoenixville, PA 19460 (Upper Providence Township)

It’s for the deli/pizzeria down the road. From there look for the signs for the expo center.

Retro Con Flyer

6. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Even tho im staying at the Hampton inn we should be able to make it to the meet up saturday night

7. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    all packed and ready to go!

8. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Gonna be coming out to this...first time I'll be around folks from the boards.

9. WHEELSABER

WHEELSABER Well-Known Member

Can't wait til Sunday! Anybody selling the following Botcon exclusives: Antagony, Fractyl & Packrat, Double Punch, Windrazor or Onyx Primal? Trying to fill some Beast War holes in my collection.

10. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Loading up the van, and all set for Retro Con! See you guys there!

11. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Had a blast! When is this happening again?

Took some pictures - the show was outrageous. Truly truly truly outrageous.

Attached Files:

12. hotrod5749

hotrod5749 Mildily Handsome

Ebay:
    Thanks for the great show

The show was great. Thanks for putting it together. I only live a few minutes away and it was awesome to have a convention like this close by.

13. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best show i've been to this year.

14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Enjoyed the show even though I didn't get to see as much as I would've liked to due to having a dealer table. Along those lines, I was wondering where/when the Angry Nintendo Nerd was at the show. Otherwise it was fun talking to the artists and people that stopped by my table. Sorry I didn't have enough Sideswipes for everybody who asked. Lots more cosplayers than I expected and some fairly unique characters too (Mandora the Evil Chaser from Thundercats?). The remote control droid running around was neat too. Only thing that sucked was the surprise wifi fee. Definitely looking forward to the next one!

15. WHEELSABER

WHEELSABER Well-Known Member

Awesome show today! Found a lot of goodies, and had a great time seeing all the cosplay that people came in including She-Ra, Ghostbusters, Power Rangers, Transformers, Star Wars, G.I Joe, and a variety of D.C. and Marvel Super Heroes and much more! Was cool seeing the Thundercats voice actors together. The DJ who was playing all kinds of 80's tunes and remixes was great. The Back to the Future DeLorean was cool too! Hope to be back at this show next year! I would like to personally thank the organizers who setup this show and made it possible. Loved seeing all the giveaways that were created as well. A lot of time, creativity and work went into this event and it showed.

16. gen1fan

News Credits:
    From the staff of MegaToyFan we would like to thank Rose , Tony and their whole staff for putting together a great show. We have a blast and plan on being at next years show.

For everyone that stop by and bought from us thank you for your support. It was a great show to wrap up our 2012 show schedule. Looking forward to a seeing everyone at 1 of our show during our 2013 show schedule.

17. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    Thanks rose and tony. this was defiantly one of the best shows i have been to. thanks! cant wait for the next one.

18. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    So who won the Overlord!!!!

19. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We had a great show for our first time out with over 625+ in convention attendees, that's not including the guests or dealers!

So we're for sure planning another next year.. But I did have to say to all of our friends. We can't thank you enough..for all your support and help throughout this whole ordeal. You helped make this a great show! Hopefully it'll only get better!

20. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

GREAT con! I had two of my friends with me and we all had a BLAST! I bought more than my share, also. Looking forward to next year's show.

Screamer: I'd like to pick your brain when you have a chance about what it takes to organize a show.

Dex